Chapter-1

Alexandra's POV:

"Bye, see you," I shouted as I waved to my friends and walk to my house.

My house is next to another house, the pack house, where everyone except for my family lives there.  My parents are expected do a lot, as they are the Alpha and Luna of the pack, after all. So seeing them at the house would be rare as they are constantly in the pack house working. At home, it's only me and my little brother, Damien who is only nine.

I got my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door quickly. I walked in and told my brother, "Hey, Damien, it's me."

Damien turned the TV off and gave me a big hug.  I smiled at him. He was the one who could make anyone feel better and see the positivity in everything. When we separate, we went to the kitchen and had lunch. After lunch, we went to the pack house and found my parents in their office.

"Hi, there," I called out as I entered the office.

"Hi, cupcake.", My mother answered. I don't know why she called me that, but I love it anyways.

"So... I was thinking about going out with my friends tonight. Can I come a little bit late please?", I stated. I crossed my fingers, hoping that they will allow me to go out for a little bit.

This whole week my parents and most of my pack were busy with rogues. Rogues began to attack our pack members, so they have been trying to interrogate the prisoners trying to figure out more about these rogues.

"Alex, you are a big girl, you can go out and come a little late. What do you think Rose?" My father asked mom. I looked at my mom with my puppy eyes.

She says in a serious tone, "Yes. You can go, but don't be too late". She always uses that tone when she speaks to the pack members when something is important.

"Of course, madam."  I joked before I leave them there.

**3 hours later**

After hanging out with my friends, I went to the pack house and walked to discovered my parents frankly working still. 

My pack wasn't that scared rogues will attack us, but rogues have become more common, and there were a lot more than the pack could handle.

When I opened the door, I noticed everything in our game room was destroyed as a tsunami came and pulled everything apart. Then, I heard screams and glass breaking, and I ran and followed the sound.

When I got there, all I saw that my entire pack was fighting the rogues. I do not know why, but I felt my bones shiver as the fighting was going on. I need to find my parents and Damien; I can't let them die.  I began to run through the forest and the house, avoiding the ones fighting and try to find my family.

"ALEXANDRA!!!" some screamed my name and turned around to find my mom holding Damien with all her might. Damien's eyes have enlarged filled with tears, and the hairs on his head stood up.

"Mom what's happening in there?!?" I asked her with fear and anger.  She looked at me with worry in her eyes, and she sounded like she was going to cry.

"Cupcake, I need you to take your brother to our hideout. Do you remember where it is??"  She asked me with her eyes watering. 

I nodded. Of course, I remember where it is; it is in the ending of the forest near our neighborhood pack's territory.

"Ok honey, take your brother and hide in there don't go out before dad or I come and get you. Do you understand me?"

"Yes... But mom, I can help you, I know I can't shift yet, but I can still be helpful, please!" I begged her, knowing how hurt and heartbroken she was. 

"Cupcake your biggest help can be protecting yourself and Dam. Hide your brother inside and make sure you lock him there. Check to see if nobody is behind you. And understand if we don't come, look after Damien, ok? Don't forget that we will always love you." My mom's eyes were the saddest thing ever to see, and I stared at her so a minute. Then, I grabbed my brother from her and ran, protecting him with my life.

When I was running, I could only think about what was going on the pack house scenario running through my head. I can't leave my family behind here, but also I need to go to the hideout and protect Damien. Which there, I could get help from our neighbors, but what if I come late and all of them will be dead by the time I bring help. That argument when through my head over and over again, trying to determine if I should stay or go.

We reached the hideout and put Damien down.

"Damien, I need your help. You must run as fast as you can to our neighbor pack and explain everything to them. And ask to help understand?" he nodded.

After all, he was nine, and he can run and ask for help. I gave him a big hug, and then he runs to our neighbors. I started running too, in the opposite direction. I ran back to the pack house and saw there were way too many dead pack members. I felt the bond between them and me.

I am Alpha's daughter, after all, so the pack bond runs through me. Damien can't feel it as much because he is a little young to be bonded, but I am grateful for that. I don't want him feeling the pain I am experiencing right now.  I began fighting rogues and helping our pack members.

But then I saw something familiar; I saw my parents in their wolf's form in pain. They have few deep cuts that were bleeding. I run to them, but I was picked up by someone. I resisted at the person, but the person was hurting my wrist. I was pretty sure there is going to be a big bruise later.

I tried to move, but the person was too strong. I looked at my parents; they were at their last breathes. I looked to my surrounding and saw there were dead bodies everywhere.

The bodies were our pack members, and the rogues killed them. They look like they were going to attack me next.  I looked at my mom and dad; they were bleeding to death. I want to help them, but I can't lose the grip.

I watched as my mom and dad give their last breaths. I knew I couldn't assist them and I only could feel my world breaking.

 I knew I couldn't assist them and I only could feel my world breaking