Chapter 6

*Wednesday*
SarahPOV
"Hey." Mike smiled as we hugged gently. "Hi." I gave a small friendly smile. I took a seat on the loveseat he had in his living room and he sat in the comfy chair. "I'm sorry about the other day." He said solemnly. "I know." I said and he looked at me. "It's just that I still love you so much and I know you love me. And we can't do anything about it now." He gazed at my wedding ring.

I sighed. "I'm just trying to let you be in my life and I know it will be tough at first. But I really think we can manage." I said gently. He grinned as he looked at the ground. "I'll never stop loving you." He whispered as his smile fell. A tear stung at my right eye. "So what are we doing.today?" I asked. He stood and offered me his hand. I took it and he led me upstairs. "You are helping me paint the upstairs rooms today." He smiled as he handed me a roller.

"You invited me over to help renovate your house?" I said and he shrugged. I rolled my eyes and rolled the.roller in the mint green paint. He did the same and we went to painting. We talked about random things and laughed about others. Then he rolled the roller up my back. I gasped. Thank God I had old clothes on. I turned around and saw him smirking. "Mint green is nice on you. You should wear it more often.

I smirked and rolled my roller over his chest. "Same to you." I smirked wider. He gave an evil smile and winked. "It is so on!" He exclaimed with a laugh and I shrieked as he put a hand print on my belly. I slapped some paint on his face and he put it in my hair. We ended up on the floor in a puddle of paint after we accidently knocked the can and tray over. We burst out laughing until tears started coming out of our eyes.

He got up carefully and then helped me up off the paint covered plastic. "I would say we got a lot accomplished." I giggled, looking at the barely painted walls. "Yep. We did good." He put his arm on my shoulders and nodded in approval, looking at the walls. I rolled my.eyes, with a chuckle and looked at my ruined shoes and clothes. I didn't care. I had so much fun.

"What time is it?" I asked and Mike wiped off his watch from the paint on it, making me giggle. "1:20." He said and my eyes bulged. "Oh my God!" I exclaimed as I took my shoes off and set them down. "What?" He asked. "The kids get out of school in half an hour and that's how long it takes to get there!" I shrieked. "I'm going to be late!" I exclaimed. "Hey. Sarah calm down." He said as we ran down the stairs. All the floors had plastic on them and the stairs.

"I can't even shower. Oh my... Shit!" I exclaimed. What would Drake say if he saw. I would have to tell him. Oh no no no. "Sarah! Relax!" Mike grabbed me by my shoulders. "If you panic then you're going to get in an accident." He said as we quickly put plastic over the drivers seat of my car. "Ok. But I have to go. See you later." I sighed and drove off.

I got to the school... Ten minutes late and there was a pissed principal waiting with my children. "Oh no..." I sighed and stepped out. "Mom? What happened to y-" The principal cut Andrew off. "Miss. Hale. I do trust you know our no tolerance on late pickups here." She scowled at my paint covered attire. "I know Miss. Glysono and I do apologize for such tardiness. I assure you it will not happen again." I said and her frown depend.

"The word is irresponsibility Miss. Hale." She said as she let the kids walk to me and went back in the school. "Hi Mommy!" They all cooed and I smiled at them. "I'm sorry I was late." I said, looking down at them crowded around me. "It's okay." Andrew smiled and we all walked to the car. I strapped them all in and got back in my plastic covered seat.

"Mom?" Jason spoke up. "Hm?" I asked, looking in the rear view mirror. "Why are you covered in paint?" Cassie asked. "I was.. Helping an old friend with some renovating." I said and they nodded. If only it would be that easy to explain it to their father.. Surely he had gotten a phone call about my tardiness at pickup.

We finally made it home and the Jason and Andrew ran to their waiting father who did not look happy when he set his eyes on me. Shit... I unstrapped Cassie and handed her her little backpack. She also ran and hugged Drake. He crossed his arms as I shut the doors to my SUV. I made my way to him and he raised a brow. "Hi honey.." I smiled timidly as he looked over my attire. "What happened to you?" He asked in a plain voice with a blank expression.

"I.. I was helping an old friend of mine with some house renovating." I said and he huffed. "What old friend?" He squinted his eyes in a glare. "He's.. Just an old friend." I said and his eyes could have been blazing fire and steam coming from his ears but it still would not have compared to how mad he looked and was. "HE??" He screamed. "Why are you yelling?" I asked as he huffed in anger.

"Why wouldn't I be yelling Sarah?! You were in another man's house without me knowing about it!" He screamed and the kids stayed in the window, watching. I felt so bad they were seeing this but when Drake got angry, you could not reason with him... His jealousy was always a bit over the top but I loved him anyway. But this time.. Was he right to be jealous..? "It wasn't like that! I don't know why you're getting so angry!" I exclaimed.

"Its not what you did Sarah! Well it is what you did, but it's not what you did with him! Its the fact you were in another man's house without me knowing about it! Who is this guy anyway? And if you lie so help me-" I cut him off.

"HE IS MY EX OKAY? ALSO AN EX GANG LEADER WHO WENT TO JAIL AND I DIDNT GO OUT WITH YOU AT FIRST BECAUSE I STILL LOVED HIM AND THEN THE TWINS AND THEN MARRIAGE AND TJEN HE CAME BACK AND I THINK I STILL-" I slapped a hand over my mouth and met Drake's angry, shocked, and hurt gaze.

"You think you still what?" His voice was angry... But the hurt was evident. "I never meant for this to happen. I didn't cheat. I didn't I swear." I cried into my hands. "But you love another man when I've given you everything? A beautiful home and family. And nothing but love?" He said angry and hurt once again. "I'm sorry..." I whispered. "And you went back to him to.. What?" He asked. "It's not like that!" I exclaimed as he went through the house to our room. "He packed a bag and my eyes widened. "Where are you going??" I exclaimed as he pushed past me and walked down the stairs.

I followed him down the driveway and to his car. "What was I suppose to.do? Not even let him back in my life because of my own feelings??" I cried, standing in front of his car. He revved the engine with a hard expression. "Drake please just listen!" I exclaimed. He revved it again. "DRAKE!" I shouted, angry that he wouldn't listen. And hurt he was leaving.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY SARAH!" He shouted as the tears fell down my face. I moved out of his way and he drove down the driveway and onto the main road. I watched him drive away as I cried with a hand over my chest. And here I thought that was the worst of this day. But then I turned around.. And saw my babies with tears in their eyes, looking through the window...