Chapter 7

SarahPOV
"Hey. Come here come here." I coddled my babies as they say close to me on the couch. "Daddy's not coming back... Is he?" Cassie cried. "No Cas he's no-" I slapped Jason on the shoulder. "We only had a disagreement. I'm sure he will come back to see all of you." I kissed her forehead. She looked up at me with her red, puffy, and teary eyes. "What about you?" She asked and I looked down for a moment. She squeaked a cry and got up, running to her room. I soon heard the slam of her bedroom door.

"Mom. Will he forgive you?" I looked at Andrew and brushed my thumb over his cheek. "I hope so.." I kissed both their heads and they went off to, no doubt, comfort their little sister. They love her so much. And always protect her. Something in me clicked when I heard sobs from Cassie from done the hall. It made my blood boil and I whipped out my phone and typed on it furiously.

(S- Sarah D- Drake)

S- How could you just walk out like that?

I waited about two minutes before it buzzed.

D- Jesus woman when a man is mad you don't message him like nothing happened.

I balled my free hand into a fist.

S- Our children are crying because they think their father is never coming back to see them. All because of the fact that you stormed out without a second glance at them!

D- Well maybe if their mother had been honest it wouldn't be like this!

S- Maybe if their father wasn't such an arrogant, jealous asshole and was mature enough to talk things out it would have been better!!!

D- Whatever

He knew I was right. And he would regret this. I don't care about what he did to me anymore. I had only my kids in my mind. I just sat wondering what could be going through their little heads right now. My phone buzzed on the table and I leaned forward, my eyebrows furrowing.

M- Are you alright?

I didn't even know how to respond to him. I wasn't mad at him. It's not his fault. Just.. Didn't know what to say to him.. Let alone that question. I looked down at my paint covered clothes and stood up, thankful to see it was dry enough that there was nothing on the pure white couch. I walked down the hallway and stopped next to the door of Cassie's room.

"It's going to be alright." I heard Andrew tell her. They're such good brothers. "N-no it's not. Mommy and Daddy don't love each other no more!" She sobbed and I looked down at my feet. "Cassie don't be silly. It was only a fight." Andrew said and Cassie sniffled. "Yah but he just l-left and drived away!" She cried. "Cassie what did we teach you?" I heard her giggle. "Sorry. Drove away." She laughed a little more. They have been teaching her proper grammar? Why did they not tell me??

"Are you okay now?" Jason asked her. "Uh huh. Still sad but better." She sniffled and I heard her blow her nose. "Maybe you should apologize to Mom for running out like that." I heard Jason say and raised my eyebrows. They were being.. Mature. "I don't wanna! She'S probably mad at me." She whined. "No Cas-" Andrew was cut off. "Yah huh!" She whined more and I knew it was time to step in.

I took a step into the room from around the corner of the door and leaned against the door frame. "Mommy?" Cassie'S head perked up. I smiled at the boys and tilted my head, gesturing them out of the room. They each kissed her head and exited silently.

"Why on earth would I be mad at my favorite daughter?" I sat on the edge of her bed. "Mommy I'm your only daughter." She giggled. "Exactly." I whispered making her giggle more. "I'm sorry Daddy and I scared you baby." I pushed some of her light brown hair back. "Its okay. You didn't mean to." She smiled. "I'm sorry for running out like that Mommy." She said as she looked at the paint on me.

"Its okay honey. You were upset. I'm going to take a shower. While I'm there, listen to your brothers and come get me if an emergency happens and most importantly.." She grinned. "Don't answer the door." We said together. I kissed her head and got up, walking out the door. "Boys!" I called and they ran up to me, puffing their chests out.

"What are you two doing?" I put my hand to my face, laughing softly. "We're the men in the family Mom. So we have to look manly." Andrew said and I had to keep myself from bursting out in laughter. "Well my manly men.." I crouched down to their level. "I'm going to take a shower.. Can you take care of Cassie for a while. I won't be long." I smiled. They nodded. "Remeber-" I was cut off.

"Boss Cassie around." Andrew started. "Come to you for an emergency." Jason continued. "And don't answer the door!" They said together. I grinned at them. "Good job! The door is already locked." I smiled and made my way to the bathroom. They're growing up so fast. I repeated over and over in my head as I showered.

Once I was out I dried off and redressed in some pjs and checked my phone. None from Drake. One from Mike. I didn't open his message but I could see enough of it to know what it said.

M- I'm sorry if something happened.

I sighed and went downstairs to make dinner. This haS been a long day and I'm so glad it's ending.