What Are Feelings?

* BEEP BEEP BEEP*

* BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"UGHH! Why does school have to start so goddamn early?!" I groan and literally roll out of bed and onto the floor. After about 5 minutes, I decided it was time to actually get a shower. So, I headed to the bathroom and did my business, A.K.A wash my hair and body, shave, and brush my teeth. Finally, I go back into my room, dry myself off, and throw on a ' nerdy ' outfit so I can maintain my image.

I have to admit, some outfits do look cute, like today's. After I get dressed, I just throw my hair into a messy side braid, My hair is too long to ever actually do anything without taking 10 years, so this is my normal hairstyle.

Walking towards the kitchen, I can hear my dads girlfriend making coffee, or more like hitting the machine to get it to work. "Rachel , you have to insert a K-cup before you try to make coffee". She looks at me for a second. " What would I do without you sweetie?" I chuckle and grab a banana and sit down at the table.

* DING *

Who is texting me this early, I look down and see that it's Luke, I'm confused as to why, until I remember yesterday.

Luke : Hey, I'll pick you up in 20. This way people will believe it more.

" Rachel, I won't need a ride today, Luke's giving me one". I tell her, she turns around and gives me a confused look. " I didn't know you guys were speaking again?" She sort of questions. " We aren't, umm, we are working on a project together. We were forced to be partners. And let me tell you, it is hell having to do it with him". I lie to her. I hate lying, but I'm not gonna tell her that I'm his girlfriend, or forced girlfriend I should say. " Oh, well have fun with that". " Thanks, but I won't. I'm gonna go upstairs and finish getting ready". I say, she nods and I walk upstairs.

Today is honestly going to be hell. I have to run off of 2 hours of sleep, while dealing with all of Luke's shit, and thinking about how Darren played me, again. The only good thing is, I called Luce while walking yesterday, and explained the whole Luke thing. So, at least I still have my best friend to talk to. But first, I have to figure out how to explain everything that happened.

After sitting on my bed for 10 minutes, I heard Luke's truck beep outside my window. I walk downstairs, dreading the ride to school. Everything is going to be so awkward after yesterday. I finally reach the truck and hop in.

" So why the truck?" I question him. " Rather not get my best car damaged in a school parking lot". Simple answer, that's weird. " But yet you'll risk getting it damaged in a race? You seriously are still not too bright huh?" He just nods in response. " What's wrong?" He looks at me.

" What do you mean?"

" I mean, ever since I got in the car, you've avoided any conversation with the simplest answers".

" Oh, well I kind need to tell you something about that conversation we had yesterday.."

" Okay? spill". I was kinda confused as to what he was gonna say.