E i g h t

The rain had returned again, and I wasn't feeling it. My neck had grown a feeling of soreness that reached all the way to my fingertips. My fingers were cold and stiff, as journals laid on the ground portraying sketches ranging of emotions.
I hated the feeling of waking up like this. My cheeks were dripping of a salty warm liquid that dropped from my eyes; I breathed in heavily, opening the window and looked out. It was dark, and it was cold. A flash of lightning brought light on the dark sky, illuminating the large clouds that have been drowning the ground below me.
Closing the window, I ran the tub water, went over to some old records and played soft music from years before I was born, and drowned my sore bones in the bath. The water was burning hot and leaving the mirror steamy matte, preventing you from seeing your own reflection. Looking down at my hip, I saw the Same mark I always couldn't help but notice. I traces the small pale scar shape with my fingers and winced in recollection of the memory.
Until new memories came in to invade my moment. I felt sick to the thought I could grow feelings again. I knew I shouldn't and promised myself I would never allow to feel such pain again. But it was my sin. A sin I felt pleasure in doing. But it's like a blade, you play with it, and soon enough, you'll get cut.
. . .
By the time the bus pulled up. My hair had already dried up, and the rain had settled. I had no need to head towards my locker and Jason wasn't anywhere I could usually find him. I stopped by the concessions and got a hot coffee, drugging myself with caffeine. I felt a soft vibration in my bag, and once pulled out, saw I had received a phone call from my Uncle. I picked up to his old grumpy voice complaining about my inability to wash dishes before going to school. I chuckled, and leaned against the wall noticing his tone getting softer.when he asked "so, have you spoken to your mother yet?" I had no response and just said no. It worried me how he asked. We all cared for mother, but she wasn't a topic we'd mention out of nowhere.