N i n e

I didn't even take a single second to hesitate before I slammed my locker closed and began running past everyone like I've never ran before. I made it out the door and almost left the premises before the same car I saw slow down last time, block my path. The window rolled down and there stood Mr.Adiar. "What on earth on you doing running like a lunatic!? I could've hit you!" He asked in a demanding manner. I tried to run past him but he got out the car and grabbed me before I could run. I had no time to waste, I needed to go see her, I needed to see my mother. I wrestled around endlessly trying to free myself from his grasp. In the end, I was too weak and fell to my knees.
"Autumn please calm down and tell me what's wrong." He asked in a more worried tone.
"P-please...Just let me go to the hospital. " I begged. With those words he knew it wasn't some made up lie for me to ditch class, it was an emergency and he knew it. He agreed to help me amd offered a ride in his car. The ride was physically silent but my mind, it was beyond loud. It screamed and cried and yelped, but only I could hear.
As soon as we got there I ran up to the nurse and asked for my mom, thankfully I was able to visit and ran straight to her room. My father was there, eyes dark and gloomy, holding onto my mother in hopes of his love providing comfort and care.
"Mom!" I yelped and ran towards her, not holding back any emotions. I had my moment with her and hugged her. Mr.Adiar stood quietly behind me, patting my back until a doctor called us all out to speak to us, mainly me and my father. "Your mother...she, seems to have all injuries leading to abuse, such as bruises from beatings, cut marks, pulled hair and other injuries. We've contacted police to take care of the situation, but for now take good care of her because abuse can be very emotionally straining." With those words I stood there in shock, all lost and confused. The only reason nobody spoke about my mom was because she had alzheimer. Due to that reason, we never had the time to take her of her so we sent her to some nursing home in hopes they'll be able to help her, yet instead they dare hurt her! It made me furious.
"Those people were supposed to help amd protect her!" I yelled. My dad said nothing. "I can't believe this, it's all just a lie right? She would've told me about it, she trust me!" I was lost in horror. "She said she thinks she tried to call us but the nurse's said she was just a crazy old hag" my father said in sorrow. What have we all come to, treating one another like garbage? Mr.Adiar tried to comfort me, telling me justice will be served, but I didn't care to listen. We all went back inside the room and I tried to remain there as long as possible but my dad insisted I just go back home, that he'd be there with her overnight and care for her. I was persistent at first but later gave up and did as he said not wanting to cause any more trouble. Outside the building I sat on a bench near the garden and just stared. "Why?" I asked Mr.Adiar. He was quiet. "Why, does everyone always want to hurt us?" I felt the sharp blade stab at me from 3 years ago all over again. "I don't think anyone is trying to hurt you. I think, the world is just making you stronger than anyone else." He replied quietly. "The world is sadistic and cruel." I replied.