Chapter 9

George's POV

It was nice to be playing in front of people for fun again. The small dance hall reminded me of the numerous clubs we had played at, and missed dearly sometimes. I always felt much safer in these rooms; not always mentally as so much physically. Everyone was close, and there were secure walls. No chance of being attacked in the open. People would have to make their way through the heavy crowd to get at us.

We had been playing for an hour now and Kelley still hadn't made an appearance. Paul had suggested we stop for a minute and get her, but John wanted to keep playing. He was right of course. We would have multiple problems on our hands if we abandoned the party and then couldn't get Kelley to come.

Still, this far into the party, I was beginning to doubt and have my worries. She should have been here by now, or at least sent word.

I'll go when we finish this one. Or maybe the next one.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kelley's POV

You are fine. You will always be fine. You don't have to go if you don't want to. In fact, you can go for another walk if you want. Deep breaths, that's right, in and out in and out. No one will miss you, after all it was only an offer. Chances are they won't care anyways. They probably just wanted to be nice. They've only heard you play a couple times. It's not like your amazing. You know what, instead we'll go get something from the kitchens and take a nice book to read on the docks. It's safe and nothing will come by it. Then it's decided. We will not go and risk everything. We will be safe again for once in our lives. Everything will be perfect and be in our favour.

I wish I could listen to myself.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

It was near 10pm, at least half way through the party by now, when Kelley showed up.

John spotted her first, as he was facing the audience at the time. When I heard him breath in relief and quickly look back at me with a small smile, I knew what had happened.

I spun around the face the audience, almost loosing my balance in the spin, and saw her. She was wearing a loose white dress, which floated around her like a cloud. It made her stick out in the room. The dress, with its sheer fabric and fairy like look, suited her quite nicely. It complimented her blonde curls and dark eyes.

It was incredibly hard to focus on playing and singing while trying to catch Kelley's attention. She obviously knew that we were playing, but John really wanted her to come and be with us.

We rushed to end the song that we were playing, an odd version of Long Tall Sally. John was the first one off the stage. He announced to the crowd that we needed a break and would return in a few moments. I barely had time to talk my guitar off before he was gone, wandering quickly through the growing crowd.

I turned around to ask Paul what had gotten into John, but he was nowhere to be seen either. Ringo was the only one left on the stage with me. He was zoned out again, idly tapping his base drum.

Even though he wasn't paying attention, I could see that Ritchie was happy. Brian had let him play his own kit, the only adjustment being taping a sign on the bass drum saying The Quarrymen instead of The Beatles.

John and Paul returned a few seconds later, pulling Kelley behind them. She looked appalled and scared, but was also confident in her steps onto the stage. I gave her a warm smile and handed her guitar to her.

"Thought you'd enjoy playing it."

She took it cautiously but gave me a warm smile.

John came turned around Kelley while he was strapping on his guitar

"You know I Saw Her Standing There?"

I nodded slowly, but her eyes showed that she was ready. John immediately smiled and spun around on his heels.

"A one, two, three, four!"

I know this is really short, and I haven't updated in a while but I hope this satisfies some people. Thanks for reading and commenting