SM & SosyDad - The Original Princess

NOTE: Before you read this, please check out the chapter "Prinsesa" in The Adventures of KantoRJ and SosyMeng by noodlesbychi :) This is part of the Bibi series of stories :)

**********

"Daddy?"

"Meng? Is that you? I'm in my office, honey."

"Hi, Daddy."

"Hello, sweetheart. Napadalaw ka?"

"I had a meeting with a client at a restaurant only fifteen minutes away, so I thought I'd stop by for a visit."

"I'm glad you did. I feel like we don't see enough of you these days."

"I know, I'm sorry, Dad. Reez and I have just been so busy catering event after event lately. Our cupcake biz is really booming."

"Good to hear that. You've turned out to have a real knack for business, hon. I'm proud of you."

"Well, I learned from the best, Dad. You taught me everything I know about running a business."

"But I hope work is not consuming you?"

"No, of course not. I'm still maintaining a healthy work-life balance. You taught me that too."

"Good, good. And how's your family? How are my two little grandkids?"

"They're doing great, Dad. Uno's getting so big now, and doing so well in school. He's such a well-rounded kid. I can't tell yet if he's going to be an artist or an athlete, but one thing's for sure, he's going to be successful at whatever he does. He has his father's relentless determination."

"And Bibi?"

"Oh, my goodness. Little Beatrice Rose has everyone in the household wrapped around her chubby little finger. Especially RJ. It's a good thing she's naturally quite angelic, otherwise I'd be afraid that he's spoiling her rotten. He calls her his prinsesa."

"Sounds awfully familiar."

"Hahaha. No one's called me Princess in years."

"Well, Princess. Sounds to me like Bibi very much takes after her mom."

"Hahaha. That's actually kind of why I'm here. RJ took Bibi out for a one-on-one father-daughter date the other night. I remembered how you used to take me out on dates too when I was little."

"I miss those."

"Me too, Daddy. Do you remember how we used to go to the driving range every Sunday? No one else ever wanted to come with us cause Mom and the boys didn't like golf."

"Yes, one of my life's biggest ironies. Three sons and none of them inherited my passion for golf. It would be my youngest child and only daughter to do so."

"Hahaha. Those were the best, weren't they? Those Sunday afternoons together at the range?"

"Yes, sweetheart. They were."

"Do you still have my old set of clubs lying around?"

"Of course, are you kidding? Those were custom, Meng. They're in the storage room."

"Well, then. Can you spare an hour or so of your time to hit a few balls with me at the range now?"

"For my Princess, always."

(The next day)

"Wow, Nanay!! Ang pretty ng bulakak!!"

"Bulaklak, Bibi."

"Yes po, bulakak po."

"Hahaha. No, sweetie. Bu-lak-lak."

"Flowers na lang po."

"Wow, beb. Ang laki ng plower arrangement ah. Kanino to galing? Kliyente niyo ni Reezabells?"

"No, babe. From my date yesterday."

"Ha?? Date mo kahapon?? Aba, teka lang..."

"Calm down, babe. That shade of bright red doesn't suit your face, and if you're not careful, that vein on your forehead just might explode. Maybe you should read the card first before you react."