Chapter Four: The First Victim

Olivia Vocaloid sat on the roof of one of the many skyscrapers, her feet dangling off the edge. She smiled down at the people below, a sense of contentment filling her. She sighed and stretched, stifling a yawn. The night before she had been up late with her two children. She smiled when she remembered Lloyd was taking them to Wayne Manor that day. She left Star City early, Lloyd promising to bring the children along the next day. He said he could handle James and Octavia. So Olivia let him, threatening to decapitate him if something happened.

   Olivia didn't hear the woman approach until it was too late to move. In one swift movement something hit the side of the unaware, young lady's head, knocking her off balance. Luckily she didn't fall off the roof. Olivia rolled back on the roof, disoriented and head throbbing from where she was hit. She looked up at her attacker, noting the dark green mask, and strands of lighter hair sticking out near the hazel eyes.

"Lloyd, that hurt!" Olivia growled and stood, rubbing her throbbing head. "Idiot! Where are the kids?!" Olivia watched the woman tilt her head, now realizing that it looked feminine. The thin waist and wider hips. Along with the chest being larger than a guy's. This was a woman.

"You're not Lloyd." Olivia deduced, backing away slowly to come to a stop at the roof edge. "No, I'm not, Olivia." The woman hissed in a hauntingly familiar voice. Olivia recognized it, but couldn't place it. The woman grabbed her suddenly around her throat, squeezing it tightly. Olivia gasped and started struggling, clawing at the woman's hands. "L-let go!" She choked, struggling to get air into her lungs. The woman smiled beneath the mask. "As you wish."

Olivia realized only too late what she had said. The woman let her go and she fell back, falling rapidly down to the street below. The woman pulled off her mask, letting her long red dyed hair flow in a light breeze. "One down." She pulled back her sleeve and took out a small knife. All over her arm were the names of her victims, carved into her pale skin. She brought the knife to Olivia's and slashed a line through it. She didn't even flinch, watching in an amused and satisfied smile as blood ran down from the cut.

"Nine more to go."