Chapter 3: The Old Era

I was soaring through the air at an unimaginable speed. The air buffeted my skin, and my clothes slapped against my person. I was minutes, maybe even seconds away from entering a dimension for the first time. My eyes were glued shut, the force of the wind hindering me from witnessing the passage of traveling dimensions.

I'm not ready, I just figured out I was the Traveler!

"Don't be frightened, Traveler. I heard the nervousness and spur of the moment travel is normal."

How can you just tell me to not be afraid! I'm flying through the air at a million miles per second! I would be screaming but the air is keeping me from talking. I screamed in my mind.

A large sigh echoed in my ears and Yōsei made my heart slow down, and the fear in my body calmed. "I believe your being a bit over dramatic."

Oh no, really?

"I would suggest calming down, for this is what happens every time when we go to a different dimension."

I slowly nodded and took the biggest breath I could, despite the vacuum of air around me as we hurtled through the space between dimensions. It felt like I had been in the air for about ten minutes so far, but I knew the time didn't flow here. Alright, I'm calm. I am.

Yōsei took a moment before responding, and I couldn't help but think he was truly making sure I was calm. I rolled my eyes under my eyelids, so much for trusting me to do it myself.

"Okay, like I had told you before, I am going to inform you of everything you need to survive in this dimension, and then the Great One will give you powers of a being in this dimension so you are not defenseless. Do you understand?" Yōsei told me.

I understand.

A pressure grew in my temples and I grit my teeth. "This dimension is situated in the timeline of the late 1800's. The main negativity source is originating within London, and within beings of high power in society. Queen Victoria is the ruler, and she has a trusted butler that is a corrupted angel."

Angel? They're real?

"In this dimension, yes. The Queen is being corrupted by the angel, and her grief is causing the angel to have a stronger control over her. Her corruption has caused a negative force to grow bigger, and caused Ciel Phantomhive to lose his parents and make a contract with a demon. He is currently twelve."

Twelve?! I internally gasped at the horrifying information. Demons preying on children as angels are the bad ones?

"Let me finish! We are almost to the dimension, and at this rate I'll just have to give you all the information at once!"

Okay okay, continue. I thought, feeling bad that I was causing trouble.

"There are many supernatural beings in this world, but currently the only ones patrolling London are demons, angels, and the grim reapers. Demons are soulless creatures with inhuman beauty, high tolerance of impact and injury, and they have their true form, which usually consists of an animal mixed with human. In the demons human form, when their emotions get out of hand or rise the way you can tell is by their eyes. Most eyes have different colors, but some are the same. Remember this, Sebastian Michaelis is a demon and Ciel Phantomhive's butler." I nodded solemnly. "Angels are divine creatures sent from heaven. They are gifted with powers that are not quite known just yet, even to the Great One. They usually adorn the color white, and have wide white wings. They can change a persons memory, erase it even, and can do horrendous things to the body if they chose. Ashe, Queen Victoria's butler, the poor woman, is a corrupted angel who is seeking to 'purify' the earth. Quite dreadful." Angels are bad, got it. The moments ticked by as the continuous rush of air passed over my body, but whilst Yōsei was talking I felt changes in my clothing, like they were getting heavier and covering more skin. "Grim reapers are the workers of Death, who reap the souls of those who die. They are very distinctly characterized with their bright, neon green or yellow eyes and horrible eyesight, so they commonly are seen with glasses on. Death reapers are registered a weapon, a death scythe, which allows them to collect the victims of death's memories, or cinematic records."