Thrown Out

The pockets had some gum, candy, and loose change. I think that's what most kids have in their pockets. I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I was in a field I had seen around the gas station. I panicked. "WHERE'S MY PHONE!!!" I screamed even though it was like 12:00 in the morning and there was no one around except maybe the police. I searched my backpack, thank goodness it was the first thing I found along with, the charger, and my wallet. Nothing had been stolen, not even my money. The gas station owner (the person working in the store) probably left and didn't want to deal with me in the morning. A least he was nice enough to throw all my stuff at me. I decided to go somewhere inside, so I found the nearest 24 hour CVS and ran in. "What are you doing here at this time of night?" The store clerk asked. "Ummm... It's 24 hour right?" I asked.
"Yeah"
"And it's a free country right"
"Ugh"
I walked to the back of the store and set my stuff down. The store was bright and it kinda hurt my eyes to look around, so I pulled out my phone and checked my Instagram. My best friend Izzy had posted a picture of her at he beach. I wished I was at the beach running along the tide with her. I decided to post something because I couldn't bare to look at all the photos of happy people. Scrolling through my camera roll I found a picture of my mom, dad, and I. Before he died. He died of a heart attack when he was 56. My mom was always sad about it. The picture made me wish I was home safely with my mom and dad. Then I found a picture of a funny sign I had seen along the road a couple months ago. I posted it with the caption "this sign is so funny😂"