Almost Caught

"Sweetie" she said frailly "Is that you?" I had no idea what she was doing back here or what to say. I decided I had to respond. "Hi." I said with a scared shaky voice. "Where are you going?" I didn't know how to respond to her question because I didn't know where I was going. I figured I would just lie and tell her I left something at her house but I was scared to do it. "I just left something in the guest room upstairs."
"Oh, ok sweetie I will see you later." "The woods are quite an adventure aren't they?"
Oh no. I had no idea what to way since I actually hated the woods, but I figured they were kinda fun. "Yeah, well I better get going mom wants me home" " Ok, bye sweetie see you later" "bye" With that I headed down the long path the creek which would take me to the nearest town. Or gas station. "Be careful" grandma said but I was so far away I could barely hear it. The creek was deep but not to deep. Just waist deep. I followed the creek all the way until I saw a road. I followed the road until I got to the nearest gas station. It was kinda run down but it had a power outlet outside  the store. I plunged onto the road beside the wall and plugged up my phone. My backpack fell off onto the ground. It was a purple high sierra backpack my grandma had given me for my birthday last hear. She had also given me $100. My aunt had given me $100 as well as my Uncle Joe. He was my favorite of my many uncles. If I needed somewhere to go during a storm or something I would go to a gas station or his house because I know he would let me in. I pulled my jacket out of my backpack and put it on.