Meeting the Mouse

Mr. Moussy is a very, mysterious mouse. He seems like the kind of mouse who would run the black market. Not saying he isn't but.. who knows what this mouse can do. He's found a way for us to escape, except we're missing one, important, item. And Mr.Moussy won't give it to us unless in 3 days, we can find his very special bottle of something. The only thing he tells us is that it's hidden in the house. I have no idea where to look. So I've hired someone. A spider. She claims she can find it, but once i'm gone the cage is hers. Of course I agreed, who needs the cage anyway? 

My captors are unsuspecting. They ignore me like they always do. There is little chance they will notice my disappearance. The dog is treated with love and care. The cat stalks my nightmares. I need too find a sleeping potion for him. Mr. Moussy suggests a drug called catnip. I have sent the spider on a mission to find that first.

The day before, I heard my owners talking about me. They said they were going to enter me into a contest. Something about the state fair? I had no idea what it was, so I asked Mr. Moussy. His only reply was, "Never been to one."

Now I am very curious. But no, that wasn't the strangest part of the day. The strangest part was actually at night. When another bunny was brought in. It was injured, and refused to speak to me. I asked Mr.Moussy about it.

He thought for a moment.

"Boople, or whatever you call yourself. Do you have any idea where you are?"

I shook my head.

"The people here foster injured animals. That means they take animals, help them recover, and send them to a new home. Your not staying here Boople."

Now I have no idea what to do. Why escape if I will be leaving anyway? But another question.

If this is a home for injured animals, why am I here?