Chapter 12

I’ll wait for you I promise you, I will

Jason POV

The door slammed open like lightning when I rung the doorbell and behind it was my mother. She was a small petite women who had gone through the pain all my brothers leaving to the army. Mom finally got the wish for a daughter, Susie who was seven at the moment, and mom adores her.

"Kids, Jason's here! Get your butt down here, and greet him!" mom shouted, and turned to face back to me.

"My Jelly-Beanie, you grew so much. Have you been eating well? I don't know what your father is thinking sending you off to the army when you’re still a little baby," mom voiced as she pinched my cheeks.

It’s at times like these when I feel embarrassed for having a mother like this; although, I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"My Jelly-Beanie smiled!" she said while pulling my arms inside, "I made you your favorites, so hurry up, wash up and come eat!"

(WHO DOES THIS REMIND YOU OF HUH SWEETY. D:< Stupid Sweety she's soo annoying rawr D:<)

Cinnamon danced through the air, and I could smell the sweet, nostalgic scent of my home. It was good to be back. Being a good boy, I went to wash my hands. Splashing icy cold water onto my face, I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was unkempt, and I had awful bags under my eyes. A drop of water fell from my eyelash, and traveled down my face, onto my shirt.

"I'm here, Tammy!" I heard from downstairs.

I froze. "I'm going to wash up, that alright?"

Her footsteps came closer and closer. It drummed through my ears as my mind raced to interrupt what was happening. I could smell her, the sweet shampoo she always used. I guess not that much has changed about her.

The sound came closer, and I now knew she was right in front of me. My eyes refocused, and came back to reality. Summer was here.

I looked at her, her eyes big as saucers, and I knew that she did not accept me. I'm going to get mom later for this. Her red-brown hair framed her freckled face. She had turned into the girl everyone loved, the sweet and sexy girl. And I was now so glad, because I knew that she wouldn't get made fun of anymore.

I had the urged to hold her tight against my arms, and never let go of her forever. But, who am I kidding? She probably already has a boyfriend.

I took a step forward, and what broke my heart the most was the panic that flashed in her eyes, as she turned and ran for the door; Summer, my first love, my first kiss, my first everything.ill wait Summer.