Chapter 11

It's strange that something so trivial would continue to bother me until the next day. Surely, I'll get over it...right? Whenever I think about how I'm just letting the days pass by, I get this odd feeling. It isn't pleasant. My solution is to distract myself and not let my mind wander. Any sort of distraction is perfectly fine with me at this point.

____________________________________________________________   

I wake up and stretch. After changing, I realize that it's getting colder out. Guess I have to buy some warmer clothing today... I change my knee-length socks to ones that reach mid-thigh with a sigh. I lace up my black knee-high boots before grabbing my bag and going to find Ken and Chikusa. "Ken, Chikusa. Good morning." I greet before biting into a dinner roll. 

They nod at me in response. 

"Mukuro-sama wants us to go watch the Cloud match for him tonight," I tell them.

"Sounds troublesome..." Chikusa mutters. "...it's not like there's much of a choice though."

"He wants us to watch that sparrow guy?" Ken asks.

"It's not sparrow, but I guess it's close enough," I say with a nod. I glance around and ask, "Is she back yet?"

"No."

I sigh. "I guess I'll ask the Vongola about it. Mukuro-sama would probably get mad if she just disappeared," I reply. I finish the dinner roll and head out to start work.

____________________________________________________________     

After finishing the patrol with Hibari, I start to look for the Vongola. I find him at the hospital. "Vongola, have you seen..." I hesitate as I decide how to address her. "Um, have you seen Dokuro?"

"You're still calling me 'Vongola'?" he asks. He smiles weakly. "Can you change that...? Oh, also, Chrome just left," he replies.

"Well, alright," I reply with a nod. "Thanks, Sawada-san. See you." As I walk away I sigh and mutter, "How troublesome...Whatever, I won't go the extra distance for her." I decide to head to school.

____________________________________________________________       

"Sato-san, you looked troubled during the lessons today," Sawada says after we're dismissed for lunch. "Are you alright?" As usual, he actually seems genuinely concerned for some reason. 

"The goth loli probably just didn't understand the lessons at all," the Storm Guardian replies as he walks over.

"S-Sato-san?" Sawada asks again.

I look up. "Huh? Oh...sorry, Sawada-san. It's nothing to concern yourself with. I just finally realized what it's like to be useless," I reply. I put my books away and take out the next set.

"Eh?"

"Like I said, you shouldn't worry yourself over it. I'm not part of your family so, there's no need to worry. It's not like it'll affect you," I reply.

"Don't throw away the Tenth's concern like that!" the Storm Guardian exclaims. He's always so quick to anger; I'm not sure how to deal with him.

"I'm not, I'm simply saying that I'm not worth his concern seeing as I'm not part of your family," I reply as I do my best to suppressing my irritation.

"C-Come on, why don't we discuss this on the roof?" Sawada suggests. I follow reluctantly.

 ____________________________________________________________       

"Sato-san, please tell us," Sawada pleads as we get on the roof.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. I'm not part of your family," I reply.