OK Lang Ako

This was the night before my wedding day.

Kinuha ko ang cellphone ko at sinubukang tawagan ka. Nagring lang ngunit hindi mo sinagot.

Nagtry akong itext ka:

"Hi, Frank. I tried calling you, pero baka busy ka. Anyway, See you tomorrow!"

I hit the send button and suprisingly, nagreply ka kaagad.

"See you in your wedding dress, my beautiful bride.."

I just couldn't sleep that night. In-on ko ang radio at ang kantang ito ang narinig ko..

Lahat ay aking gagawin

Pikit matang tatanggpin

Mas kayang masaktan paminsan minsan

Wag ka lamang mawala ng tuluyan

On the day of my wedding, i saw you right there. Looking dazzling with your black-tailored coat, standing tall amidst of the crowd, waiting at the altar. Narinig kong kumanta ang choir. Hudyat na ito para maglakad ako papalapit saiyo.

Lahat ng tao sa paligid ko ay nakangiti. From their looks, alam kong masaya sila para sa akin.

Habang papalapit na ako sa altar, flashbacks of our memories together came in my mind. The 11 long years of our relationship, before this very day. The day we met and became friends. The moment you told me that you love me for who I am. The time we celebrated the good things we had. The promises. The life we are going to live for a lifetime.

Pero, napansin kong umiiyak ka.

Tears of joy ba yan?

o ibang klaseng luha ang mga yan?

Bakit?

I asked myself.

Pagdating ko sa dulo ng altar, you held my hand and hugged me tight as if someone will stole me away from you.

You looked into my eyes and down to my lips. You lean forward and whispered to my ears, "I love you, Bea. I'll always will.."

Then you gave my hand to him.

You gave my hand to your bestfriend.

That day, I married your bestfriend.