anything but love.

Connor's pov-
It sucks to see the person you love in pain. Troye's eyes lacked the warm shine it usually had. Now his eyes were icy and dull. " your nails really are beautiful." I said. Troye gave me a weak smile. " oh fuck I just realized how late it is, shouldn't you get home?" I hated to leave him like this, but I knew my parents would be worried sick. " I guess so." Troye traced my knuckles with his fingers, " I'll be okay." He whispered. " I know." Troye and I headed back to the car and I turned on the radio.

Cause I've been laying here
Learning what the memories won't do
See I need you and baby I need to
Let down my guard and give you my scars
Open up my heart
We could be stars...

I put my hand on his thigh and closed my eyes, I loved listening to him sing. I could've dozed off to sleep but I immediately opened my eyes as the car jolted to a stop. Troye opened the door and walked outside with me. " holy fuck Connor it's freezing." Troye slid off his sweatshirt and handed it to me. I put it on and walked to the front door. " so I guess I'll see you Monday?" I said. " yeah." Troye avoided eye contact with me. I lifted his chin and whispered, "text me if you need anything, here for you always." " thank you, I will." Troye whispered. We stood there for a second as Troye tilted his head against mine. I looked in to his eyes, which were no longer icy. Troye pressed his lips against mine, biting my bottom lip. " I love y-" I whispered as I pulled away from his embrace. " I'm sorry." I said as I went inside. " Connor w-" I closed the door before he could finish and I slid down against the wall. this is the best way for things, I can't hurt him, I can't let him hurt me. I was so dumb to ever let him in.