reminiscent.

Connor's pov-

Tears welled in my eyes as I walked away from troye, I wish it didn't have to be this way, but this is the only way I can love him, by protecting him, and protecting myself, and I know I caused him pain, but I just want him to be okay in the long run, if I hurt him I don't know how I could forgive myself, and if he hurt me, I don't know how I'd love again. he probably doesn't even love me back, there's no use. I couldn't help from staring at Troye, even when he was mad at me he was beautiful. His eyes were icy again, which I regretted. He looked a bit like he was close to cracking, just like when his dad insulted him. This snapped me out of my isolationist state. I headed over to the bleachers and I saw a few tears rolling down troye's face. I wiped them with my thumb, causing him to look up at me. " what do
you care?" " All you're doing is pushing me away Connor, and it really hurts." " I know and I'm sorry." I said. I pulled him in to a hug and I slowly felt the sobs getting softer. Troye pulled away and took both of my hands in his. " I know you're scared to let me in, b-but I promise if you give me a chance I won't break you, I love you and I could never forgive myself if I did that." " I know, it's just hard." I sighed. I still couldn't tell what we were. We loved each other but in what way? Did he think about me as much as I thought about him? Did I make his heart skip when I walked in? a little more than friends and a little less than lovers, and maybe it won't stay that way.

" Now, we have a lot to catch up on, wanna come to my place?" Seeing troye smile at my question made me happy. Troye nodded and we headed to the parking lot. I turned on some music, and watched the road past before us. " I've missed this." Troye said. " me too." I smiled. We pulled in to the driveway and headed to the front door. Troye's eyes were still a bit puffy from crying, so I pressed my lips to his, in an attempt to lighten the mood. We went inside and headed to my room, " it's chilly" troye shivered, " here." I threw a maroon sweatshirt to him which was almost too small, but it would do. I took troye's hand in mine, " I really do love you nails." Troye grinned from ear to ear, that was one of my favorite things to see. He deserves to be happy.