Hopping our way back to the good old days. (2p America x Reader)

~2p! Ex-boyfriend! America x Ex-girlfriend! Reader~

~________~________~

        It was a peaceful and late Monday evening in New York City. You were sitting in your living room in your apartment, a book in one hand with a cup of hot tea in the other. You had just gotten home from a busy day at work not too long ago and wished to do nothing more than relax. Your mug made contact with your lips as you drank your tea gingerly and turned your current page to the next. A knock suddenly sounded from your door. You curiously checked your clock. It was 9:34 PM.

        "Who could that possibly be at this hour?" you mumbled, putting a bookmark in your book and placing it and your tea on the coffee table in front of your chair.

        You walked to the door and peeked through the peephole. All you could see was a mess of brown hair with a hint of red to it. You unlocked the door and opened it to reveal whoever was on the other side. You were a little surprised to see that it was your ex-boyfriend Allen.

        The two of you were silent, just standing and staring at one another. You both adverted your gazes, looking anywhere but each other. You cleared your throat with a small cough.

        "So... What brings you here?" you asked awkwardly.

         "I, uh... I heard that the city was gonna be hosting a fifties era sock hop this weekend. I know you liked going to those back in the good old days, you know... When we were, uh, still together. I wanted to see if you'd maybe wanna go with me. Not as my date or anything! Just as friends, you know?"

        "I didn't know that was happening. It sounds like it'd be fun. It wouldn't hurt to go I guess. Is there any, uh... Is there any special requirement or something to go?"

        "No, but on the flyer I saw, it said something about trying to wear clothing of that era's style if possible. To make it more authentic feeling or some shit to that degree."

        "I think all my clothing from then is still at your house. I don't believe I ever took them with me when I... when I left over forty years ago..."

        "... Yeah... I saw 'em while I was going through some stuff in my attic the other day. You can stop by sometime before Friday to get 'em if you want, or I could uh, bring 'em here for you."

        "No, that's fine. I can get them now if you want me to. I'm not doing anything."

        "There's no rush to get 'em (y/n). They do need to be washed, but you don't have to get 'em now. I know I interrupted your relaxation time, so I'll just be going."

        "No, it's okay Allen. Just let me slip some shoes on, and I can get those boxes out of your house."

        "Okay. If that's what you want. I'll be outside by my car waiting."

        "Alright."

        Well, if that wasn't awkward enough, the car ride to his house sure would be. It was true what you said about how long the two of you had been apart. In fact, the forty-ninth anniversary of your break up was on Friday. Those nearly forty-nine years of being alone were painful for you, mainly because you still had feelings for him, and you were pretty sure he still had feelings for you. Your friends had tried to hook you up with people your age, but it's hard to do that when you're nearly two hundred years old and look like a young woman in her early twenties. People just don't share common interests with you unless they were alive when you were, like Allen.

        You sighed as you turned off the lights in your apartment and stepped out to lock the door. You walked down the hall and to the stair well. Taking the elevator was an option, and it would be a great idea since you lived on the top floor of the apartment complex and you were tired. The thing was, the elevator was old, and you never trusted it anyway, so you opted for taking the stairs instead. You made your way down the many flights of stairs and out of the lobby entrance.