All is fair in love and war. (Ancient! 2p Rome x Reader)

~2p! Ancient Rome x Past Country! Reader~

~________~________~

        Romulus waited at one of the many docks of his great empire for the current ruler, Julius Caesar. He was to return back from (your made up country name - y/m/u/c/n). He was there to discuss new trade negotiations with your leader due to a new alliance pact having been signed, which bonded you and Romulus in marriage.

        You were a newly formed country, having risen up from the ashes of your mother's country that had fallen to Julius Ceasar a few months prior to your formation. He had attempted to attack you like he had done your mother, but you stood your ground with the small army you had recruited and fended him off. Under your newly elected leader, a young man around the age of twenty-three who had been your army's general during the fight against Roman forces, you had come to the decision of trying to form a peaceful alliance like your mother had before her fall. Julius had agreed to signing an alliance pact for the Roman Empire and (y/m/u/c/n) and had taken his quickest ship to meet your leader in your country. You were present for the signing and stayed for trade negotiations. Let's just say that the negotiations didn't go too well, which leads us to the problem at hand.

        You stood angrily on one of you country's ships, which had followed Julius back to Rome. You were going to give your "husband" a stern talking to about his leader's behavior while staying in (y/m/u/c/n). You saw him standing at the docks, looking rather bored and unimpressed as Julius gave him a report on his country's relations with yours. You had only met him once before when you were little, but that one meeting was enough to let you know that he was an ass. He looked around the docks as Julius continued talking. His gaze landed on you as you walked towards him from your now docked ship. His expression changed to one of confusion and interest as he took notice of your rather menacing expression. Romulus tuned out Julius and continued to watch you stalk towards him. Julius stopped talking as soon as you approached and gave you a distasteful look of disdain. You gave him the same look before grabbing a hold of Romulus' hand and leading him away from the hustle and bustle of the Roman streets.

        You let your memory of the city of Rome as a child guide you to the empire personification's large villa. Once inside, Romulus made quick work in taking you to his chambers, the most private area in his villa. He allowed you to walk in first and closed the door behind himself, being sure to lock it so the two of you would have complete privacy. He knew what you coming into his territory was about, and he wasn't looking forward to being lectured by a girl who was nearly one-sixteenth his age. The dark auburn haired male opened his mouth to speak but was met with a sharp slap to his cheek, causing his head to snap to the side.

        "I suppose I deserved that," he said as he turned his head to face you.

         "You suppose?" you asked angrily with the accent that your future grandchildren, who in actuality were yours and Rome's children, would inherit.

        "Yes. I know what this is about (y/n), and for your information, I had no idea Julius would try to attack you and your country while negotiating. He told me he would behave himself while in your presence, but he obviously cannot control his conquestive impulses."

         "Rome, if you want this alliance to work, you need to keep your leader under control or else-"

        "Or else what?" Romulus asked as he pulled you flush against him, his arms firmly wrapped around your waist.

        You placed your hands on his chest in an effort to create some space between the two of you. A glare found its way to your face. What were you going to do? Your threat was empty, or was it?