Chapter 1

Newt's POV

It took me a second to process what he was doing. By the time I reached out for his arm, it was too late. He was already in the maze.

Everybody was silent for a minute.

"Tommy!" I screamed, running up to the wall. "No, no, no!" I pounded on the maze door. "Come back to me Tommy." I whispered to no one.

I kept pounding on the maze doors. I didn't realize that I was crying, "Tommy." I whispered again to myself.

I slumped to the ground, putting my head in my hands. My whole body was shaking violently from my sobs. Someone put a hand on my shoulder.

"You love him don't you?" Gally said, off to my left.

I tried to respond but it came out more as a whimper.

"He'll come back." Chuck said.

I stayed by the doors until sunrise.

I shot up when I heard the rumble of the doors opening.

When the doors opened fully I ran to the entrance and looked out. No one was there.

"Come on," Gally said, "He's not coming back."

A new round of sobs formed in my throat. A tear slipped out of my eye. He wasn't coming back. My Tommy wasn't coming back.

"I can't believe it." Wes said.

I turned around in a hopeful manner.

There he was, carrying Alby with him. Minho was there too, but I didn't care at the moment.

My Tommy was back.

I rushed forward. Thomas must have seen my red eyes from crying and let go of Alby and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't ever leave me again." I sobbed into his chest.

"I promise Newt, I promise." He said to me as he rubbed my back.

A couple minutes later we found ourselves in the Homestead. Alby was lying on a cot. Jeff was tending a wound on Thomas' forearm.

It was as if Jeff could feel the sexual tension.

"I'll be back in a little bit." Said Jeff. He then left, shaking his head and smiling.

Thomas cupped my face in his hands, brushing his thumb over my cheek.

"Thomas," I said, holding back my sobs, "I thought you were dead."

"You can't get rid of me that easily." He responded.

He saw a tear fall out of my eye. "Hey, it's okay. It's okay. You can cry." He pulled me to his chest.

"I thought I lost you forever." I sobbed into his chest, practically sitting in his lap.

Jeff walked back in, seeing our position, and walked out.

I pulled my head away from Tommy's chest and looked at him.

He was staring at me. I stared into his eyes and without a sound started leaning forward. My forehead rested on his.

Bang!