Chapter 8.

{ the songs for this chapter is:

Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon

and

Be With Me - J. Holiday <3 }

Instant relief rushed through me when I saw him.

His face looked pale and drained in the black hood that inclosed it. His eyes were the same cold brown I'd remembered from the morning.

As soon as I approached him, I expected yelling or him throwing accusations in my face but he just sat there watching me walk up to him, emotionless and wordless.

I felt the complete opposite.

"Where have you been?!" I tried not to yell. Unaware if my mom was home or not.

"I've been getting my schedule changed around. It's no big deal." He said then shrugged but his eyes didnt meet mine and I noticed that was a bad habit of his and only lead me to believe that when he did it, he was lying.

My mind was racing with things I could tell him but no matter how angry I was, his aura kept me quiet. I could literally feel something hidden within him. Everything about the situation was uncomfortable. I knew I was wrong for the things I did but I didn't apologize and he knew this too but he wasn't throwing it in my face.

He finally met my gaze as he stood up, the movement making me flinch. He noticed and frowned.

"I only came over here because my mum is making me. I've never done this before so bear with me." She's probably making him stand up for himself. Good, I needed him to yell at me and tell me I was a horrible person.

He started fidgeting with his hands and I saw his cheeks slightly flush and I welcomed the return of the color in his face. He took a deep breath. "Will you.. Uh.. Will you go to the dance with me Friday..?" His voice was shaky as it came out.

What?

That was the absolute last thing I expected from him. He watched me as he waited for my answer. The answer felt like it was constricted in my throat. I opened my mouth and closed it again when I realized I couldn't give him the answer he so desperately wanted.

He hung his head down and started scratching the back of his head. "You're going with Zayn aren't you?" He asked too quiet.

I looked down, ashamed to answer but that was all the conformation he needed.

I looked up to see his eyes blazing. "I can't believe you. I can't believe you're even with him. He's scum. Complete scum." He looked at me with such disgust that it churned my own stomach.

"You don't even know him, Liam!" My voice cracked and I instantly regretted talking and defending Zayn.

"I know him better than you!" He yelled then looked down again, "I mean I know his type. The type of guy that can make you feel utterly worthless by just looking at you. He acts out when he doesn't know what to do. The type that uses girls for what he wants. He says things just because he knows they will hurt you and wouldn't think twice of hurting you physically. You may think you have him figured out but you don't, not even close."

"I can treat you better than he ever will." He added.

He said the words with such certainty that it sent a chill through me because honestly, I didn't know Zayn that well.

He moved closer to me as he reached for my hand. He interlaced our fingers and immediately I felt the surge of heat starting at my finger tips then filling my whole body.

He lifted our intertwined hands, "How do you not feel this?" My heart started pounding so hard, I was sure the whole neighborhood could hear it.

Liam closed any of the remaining space between us. Chest to chest, I could feel his heart hammering in sync with mine. The feel of his strong chest against mine was enough to reignite the already burning of my insides.