Chapter 12

{Change My Mind - 1D

Under Control - The Parachute

Next to You - Jordin Sparks}

The music was beating too loudly but I didn't care because Liam was enjoying it. Everyone's face was a blur in the crowd of drunk college kids. I'm not sure if Liam's face was the only focus in my line of vision because he was all I wanted to see or because I was more drunk than I should be. I swayed my hips in front of him, a smirk playing on my lips as I saw his brown eyes turn black with lust. His large hands played on my back, then pushing me closer to him.

"Let's go upstairs." His warm breath tickled my ear and his husky voice made me giggle. I leaned away and nodded impatiently. His warm hand grabbed mine and lead me through a maze of people until we made it to a long staircase. I gulped looking up to how many there were, I would surely fall down them. I turned to Liam and pouted my lips, hoping he would get the hint that I was scared to go up them in my drunken state. In one swift movement, he grabbed me from under my legs and instinctually, I wrapped my arms around his neck and burrowed my face into him. His strong arms felt nice around me and I laughed quietly when I began to poke at his hard bicep. He laid me down on a soft surface and it took me a couple seconds to realize we were in a room now. His body leaned over mine, completely encasing me in his body heat. He placed delicate kisses along my face, that were too soft to be detected by my body. The lower he got, the more force he put into the kisses. He stopped at my neck placing multiple feverish kisses along it, releasing an involuntary moan from me. I reached for his face, making it look at me. The room was completely black with the only source of light being the moon shining through the window. It landed on Liam's face giving him the appearance of a god.

"I've been waiting for you for too long... Way too long." Liam whispered to me. I began to open my mouth to tell him not to be so dramatic, we only knew each other for a couple days but he took the words out of me by placing his mouth on mine.

The kiss lasted what seemed only a couple seconds before Liam pulled away from me. He jumped off the bed and I whined in protest. But I didn't see that another person was the one pulling on him. I watched Liam and the other figure move around, shoving at each other until the other person jabbed something into Liam. I gasped as he suddenly put his hand on his shoulder and staggered away from the person. My vision began to become clear, seeing Zayn hold a knife in the air with Liam's blood framing it. I backed against the wall the bed was leaning against as Zayn tried to make his way over to me. Liam lunged for him before he got to me. He took Zayn's head in his hands and bashed it against the floor relentlessly.

"Stop!" Was all I could scream. The back of Zayn's head was oozing blood and his eyes were rolling up into his head. Liam got off his body and looked down to see the damage he created. A puddle of blood was surrounding Zayn now and I couldn't feel anything in my body. I was paralyzed. Liam turned to me, his eyes completely black and pulled hard at my hand, dragging me through the door. I turned around to see Zayn's body, lifeless on the floor.

I woke up to the darkness in my room, in short breaths and drenched in my own sweat. I looked at my phone to see 3:08 lighting up on my screen. I got up and walked across my room to turn my fan on to relieve some of this access heat on my body. I unlocked my phone to see the number still in my call log. I deleted it, not wanting to think of who picked up. I should have asked if he was the one who took me home but I was too scared. I didn't know if his act was chivalrous or scary and I tried to keep convincing myself it was the first choice until I had that dream. Maybe it was my subconscious trying to scare me out of being with Liam but it felt too real for me to just shake it off. If it wasn't for Zayn showing up to the dance Friday, I would have really thought he was dead.