two

My mind couldn't comprehend the situation completely. Things were happening too fast, I was confused.

"What do you mean by that?" I tried my best to hold back my tears.

"We can't meet each other anymore, we can't talk to each other anymore. This might be the last time, D-Dan." His eyes were bloodshot.

"Why?"

Phil didn't answer.

"I said why?! Answer me, dammit!" I screamed.

"I don't have a fucking clue! My parents forbid me to, that's it."

"What the actual hell?!" I approached Phil to punch him, but I couldn't do it. My fist landed onto the plywood wall leaving a hole in the wall and splinters on my fingers. "God fucking dammit, Phil. That's your reason...? That's the most cowardly thing I've ever heard!"

"You know how abusive my parents are! If you were in my place then you'd understand why. Nothing can change their minds, nothing! It's either I follow them or I get hit."

"Am I not worth fighting for?!"

"Dan, I never wanted this to happe-" I cut him off.

"Whatever, this is all bullshit."

I climbed down the ladder crying. Of course I was, what the hell would you do if your only friend just ends your friendship out of the blue? What hurts more is that he wouldn't even give me a valid reason.

I never did anything wrong.

So why is this happening to me?

___________________

Hey, thanks for reading!

Please don't forget to comment + vote + follow. 😘