Chapter 2

I rushed to my locker, and shakily did my combination. I had trouble doing it, my hands were shaking like crazy. When I finally cracked the code, I took out my books I needed and closed my locker, making my way towards the buses.

I found mine and walked in. My eyes immediately made contact with blue ones, sitting at the back row. Of course, he sat next to where I usually sit. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he's trying to get my attention.

I sat down and plugged my earphones in my ears to tune out everything. Next thing I knew, I was already home. I stumbled out of the bus, feeling pressured by a pair of eyes constantly watching my every move.

It was awkward. Christian was walking right behind me, since his house was right next to mine and the bus stop was a bit further back than our houses. I finally reached my house and practically sprinted through the door, slamming it shut behind me.

I went up to my room and finished the little bit of homework I hadn't already done. By the time I completed it, it was only 3:50; it only took me 10 minutes to finish my homework.

I was bored by then. I was home alone until 4:15, when my brother came home from college. Then my mom would arrive at 5:45 with my younger brother, who was at day care right now, and my dad at 6:10.

I started randomly walking around the house, quietly singing along to my iPod. Somehow I ended up in my dad's detached garage at the side of the house. I had never really come in here, so I started looking at the bunch of items my dad had collected over the years on the rows of shelves decorating the walls.

There were multiple colored golf balls, ping pong balls, old tennis and squash rackets, a worn out jumping rope, an old, dusty baseball mitt, soccer cleats, an aluminum baseball bat, a deflated volleyball, swimming goggles, and a stack of dirt covered hockey pucks on the shelves on one wall.

On the other, dozens and dozens of trophees, and as I stepped closer, I saw that my dad used to be a pretty intense athlete. He won lots of prizes, from what I see.

In one corner, an old hockey net, hockey sticks and a big equipment bag. Next to it was a pair of roller blades and a pair of ice skates.

I never knew my dad had all this! Why had I never set foot in here anyways? It's been here for as long as I can remember... Why didn't curiosity get the best of me before?

Then, right when I was about to walk back to the house, I saw a skateboard.

That wasn't just any skateboard- it was Christian's old skateboard.

*Flashback*

-"Masidon! Look what I got!"

It was Christmas morning, I was 8 years old, and I was just about finished opening my presents when Christian burst through the door, a skateboard clutched under his arm. He was only wearing his spiderman pajamas and a pair of boots.

-"Christian! Oh dear did you just run from your house in this weather wearing only this?" my mom fussed, running over to Christian.

His shoulders were covered with snow, that was slowly melting and soaking his shirt. His hair was completely wet and waterdrops were running down his cheeks, and he was shivering. There was like a blizzard outside.

He shook his head:

-"No... I walked" he smiled weakly, his teeth chattering.

-"Oh dear, Madison go get Christian a blanket! Poor thing, you must be frozen! You'll catch a cold!" my mom worried, pulling Christian next to the fireplace.

I quickly ran to the couch and grabbed the big, fuzzy, red blanket. I brought it to Chris and helped wrap it around his shoulders. He smiled and patted next to him, so I sat down with him. My mom soon came back with two steamy cups of hot chocolate, with marshmallows swimming on top. He showed me his skateboard.