Chapter 3

-"Madi! C'mon! Stop spacing out and listen to me!" Catie yelled at me, snapping her fingers in my face.

I blinked a few times and turned to look at her.

-"Sorry" I mumbled, taking a bite of my macaroni.

-"Anyways, I was thinking we should hang out after school today and you could help me with my math homework" she said, twirling her spoon between your fingers.

Yeah, right, I thought. You're just going to flirt with Joel the whole time while I do your homework. Been there done that.

-"Sorry, my parents wanted to have a family thing and we're going to the restaurant right after Joel comes back from college" I made up, not wanting Catie to take advantage of me.

You might think I shouldn't hang out with her and that she takes advantage of me, but I don't really care. Because she's my only friend. Well, she's the only one that bothers to spend time with me. It's better than having nobody.

-"Fine... What about tomorrow?"

-"Dunno, we'll see then" I answered vaguely, looking behind Catie to look at the group of 11th graders entering the cafeteria.

-"Gosh Madison, what's up with you?! Lately you've been staring at them non-stop! Don't tell me you're trying to be friends with Chris again?" she said accusingly.

-"Maybe I am" I answered simply.

-"You're so stupid! Do you seriously think he wants to be friends again?!"

I'll admit, that one hurt. Badly. It hit me like a bucket of ice cold water.

-"Like seriously, I doubt he wants anything to do with you"

With that she stormed out of the cafeteria, leaving me alone.

Thing is, she shouted that last part, so everybody was staring at me. Blushing, I quickly got up and speed walked out of the cafeteria. As I passed Christian's table, we had eye contact. He looked almost apologetic. Like when "it" happened. Refusing to let the memories come back, I quickly turned my head away as I felt my eyes fill with tears.

I ran to my bathroom and slammed the stall door shut. I sat on the toilet as I felt the tears spill over.

Catie's right. Why on earth would Christian want to be friends again? He's finally got rid of me, he doesn't have to pretend to care for me anymore. That's what I wanted at first, right? I wanted him to be happy, but now I'm not happy. I'm not happy ever since I pushed Chris away. I shouldn't have. I regret that more than ever now.

I heard the bell ring but didn't move. I don't feel like going to P.E. I just sat there for the rest of the period until I heard my name being called on the intercom:

"Madison Wells please report to the front office, Madison Wells to the front office"

That's odd, I never get called to the front office. I already skipped classes before, but they never called me to the office...

I got up and checked muself in the mirror. My cheeks were tear-stained and my eyes were red. It was obvious I had been crying. Oh well, it's only the principal. I don't care of he sees I was crying.

I slowly walked to the front office wondering what the principal wanted from me. Only a few more steps...

I turned the corner and what I saw made my blood grow cold in my veins. What did I see?

The principal standing in the hall... talking to Christian.

What's going on?

**I know, it's short, but that's all I had time to write.. What do you think is going to happen??