Talks, Strange Encounters And You're A Jerk Head

“I don’t really want to wake up” I groan in thought, cause life is so blissful when we sleep, everything is so perfect. But here is my mother, all set to drag me out of my warm hideout, my bed, to get me to enjoy the last day of my holidays before another hectic year begins. So here I am lazily trying wake up ‘to enjoy myself’ as my mom quotes.

“Good morning beautiful” she says to me smiling. Since smiles are contagious, I find myself smiling back at her. “Good morning mother.”

“Mother!! Why do you have to wake me up early when I have nothing to do today? It’s just 10 in the morning. I could’ve slept some longer time” I groan exasperated. “Go out while the sun shines Dannie” was her only reply. I roll my eyes. My mom takes pleasure in doing this.

 As lazy as I am, I freshen up and go and sit on the kitchen counter as I smell my favorite, cheese pasta. I watch my mom prepare my breakfast and I can’t help but find a smile lingering on my lips. My mother is the best cook in the world. She so knows how to make me smile. “Mom, the smell is so tempting. I’m hungry.”

 My mom just smiles. My stomach begins an act of its own. It starts to growl as I haven’t eaten anything since last night’s super making me hungrier than ever. She places my pasta on the counter before me and without a second telling I begin to relish it.

As I eat, I start talking. ”Mum, tomorrow finally school will begin. I’m so excited.” I smile.

My mom begins to speak, “Danni your school begins tomorrow. It’s high time now. You’ve wasted your entire break doing nothing.  How long will you hide behind all your books and stay away? You have to go out and make friends. If not that, meet new people. No point of staying all cooped up away from the world.”

My mom had given me my breakfast, but right now she’s also given me food for thought. If given a thought, what possibly could go wrong in meeting people?  Perhaps mother is right.

Let me give you an introduction about myself.

I’m Daniel Rodrigues also known by the names Dannie, Dan and Daye. I am a nerdy, intelligent girl with no social life. My brain is my only best feature I possess. I have my geeky glasses but prefer my lenses when I’m out. I don’t waste much time on instagram, facebook, twitter socializing because I believe that people hide their true selves and just put a cover of themselves on social networking sites.  However I don’t say that it is bad. This is just my opinion and people are free to make to make their own choices.

I sit there pondering on my life. From the last two years, I have been preoccupied with my books and I’ve gotten used to it. Studies have become a way of life for me.  If I would be given a choice, I’d prefer sitting with my books than interacting with stupid, selfish people. In other words, good for nothing humans beings.

“Mother maybe you’re right. Meeting people might actually help me” I say with least hope.  “I’ll be going out, okay. Don’t wait for me for lunch! I’ll grab something from out.”

My mom is a bit surprised, but who wouldn’t be. She least expected me to agree with her. “Good girl” is all she replies with a nod. But as I look at her, I see a shine in her eyes. Anyone would want their child to have many friends and be happy rather being clustered by books the whole time.

There is always a little happiness we get when we make someone else happy. And the people I’d give up my everything for, are my PARENTS.

I laze around the house and watch some TV. Around 11:30 I go to my room to dress up. Staring at my wardrobe I realize I do not have good clothes and I need to go shopping.  Dressing up within fifteen minutes, brushing my hair and wearing my pair of boots, I leave the house after saying goodbye to mother.