Chapter 1

[Setting: Current time (2016) in Houston, Texas]

*Rayonne *

Tuesday April 19, 2016

"Daddy please! All I need is $200 to add more to my sleeve. " I said as I leaned across our kitchen's granite island. This was my third time this week asking my father for money. My father, Raymond Hughes, is one of Houston top club owners. With him having three successful clubs in the Houston area our cash flow was pretty steady.

He shook his head popping a grape into his mouth. "Ray baby." He retorted with a scowl on his face. "I told you, yesterday was my last time giving you money. You're twenty-two you need to get a job and learn some responsibility." Rolling my eyes, I put my head down on the counter. We've had this discussion at least once a week since I've graduated from high school four freaking years ago. It's always the same thing, I ask for money, he tells me to get a job, I say something sweet, he gives in and I have at least a few hundred dollars in my Louis Vuitton wallet.

As my daddy goes on with his rant my mama, Shannon, and younger sister, Melody, enters the kitchen. "Ma, can you please convince your husband to give me money for my tattoo. " I said dragging her into the conversation.

"Hell to the naw, to the naw naw naw." She shrieks. "I already don't like all that damn scribble you have now. You're too pretty for all that shit. Plus you need to get you a job, then you can do whatever the hell you want with that money." What the hell? Usually my mama was on my side, but obviously she decided to straddle the fence today.

I pout my lips and stomp my feet before replying. "Well, if y'all let me work at one of the clubs I would have a job. " Ever since I could remember I've dreamed of working at the clubs with my parents and eventually taken over, after they retire of course. But they refused to let me do so. I even went to the extreme of getting my bartenders license hoping that they would see how serious I am.

"I'm going to tell you this like I've already told you a thousand times, I'm not letting my daughter be a damn bottle girl. " Daddy says. "And you already get in enough trouble, being in a club every night ain't going to help. And don't you even mention Rj." Rj short for Raymond Jr. is my twenty-six year old brother. He helps my parents promote the clubs and put together all the events.

"I wasn't even thinking about Rj." I object. "But since you brought him up. " I continued with a neck roll. "He always getting himself in some trouble. Doesn't he have a court case coming up? Didn't he just get out of jail last month?"

Waving his hand across his face, daddy begins to defend Rj. "Never mind all of that, that was some petty shit. " Yeah, I agree it was petty. But I'm not going to tell daddy that, I need to get my point across and this $200 in my hand.

"It don't matter how petty you think it was, it was serious enough to get jail time. " I argued back.

Mean mugging me he points his forefinger at me and snaps. "You better watch out how the hell you talking to me lil girl. Or you for damn sure ain't getting no money from me. " Not wanting to continue this spat any longer I stormed up the stairs to my room. After making sure I slammed my door hard enough so my parents could see how upset I was. I lay face down on my bed, and I began to sob.