Chapter 7

*Rayonne*

Tuesday June 28, 2016

It’s been a little less than a month since Kirk and I have gotten back together. Everything is going good so far. We’re learning each other all over again, and I think both of us has changed since our last breakup. He’s been showing me that he really does care about me and wants this time to be different than the last. He has been scheduling his studio time coinciding with my work hours so that we are able to see each other more often. This was one of the biggest problems in our relationship in the past, so I was happy that he was willing to do that for me. As for myself, I’ve become more independent. Not only from my parents, but Kirk also. I used to always look for what my parents couldn’t or wouldn’t do for me to be done by whoever I was in a relationship with. This was a huge accomplishment for me. I could now do things and not have it being held over my head.

Now my relationships at work was a completely different story. Cameron had finally gave Zav the boot after doing a bad tattoo on a customer that wasn’t even meant for him in the first place and on top of that he was late on rent again. That’s about the only good thing that’s worked in favor at work. Everything else have completely blown up in my face. Somehow everyone found out about me and Cameron. How? I have no idea. Since then, everyone has been giving me the side eye and barely speaking to me. Even Kat was standoffish with me.. I didn’t know why everyone was so mad, what happened between Cameron and I stayed strictly between us.  We didn’t put anyone in the middle of our situation, therefore no one should have anything to say or feel a certain way about it. Cameron wasn’t even as upset as they were. Even though we had our little spat, our relationship is kind of better than what it was before. Don’t get me wrong, we aren’t the best of friends. But we have put everything aside and not let it affect our work.

Home life was normal. My daddy was still trying to keep a track of my every move, but I pretty much gotten used to it at this point. The one thing that has changed at home is that my parents are now making me pay $500 monthly rent. I can’t even be mad. Over the course of me working I’ve realized that I have been spoiled rotten for majority of my life. And with my new found independence I will happily give it to them. Plus if I were to get my own place I’d have to pay almost twice as much in addition with utility bills. 

“Hey Rayonne.” I hear, pulling me out of my thoughts. I look up from the ‘Urban Ink’ magazine that I was flipping through to see Cam standing in front of me. I give my attention to him as he continues to speak. “Before or after you go on break I need you to do inventory on the supplies and pick up the things we need. It don’t matter when I just need it done before the night is over with”

I nod my head in acknowledgement. “Okay.”

“Preciate it. Here’s the card.” He replies pulling out a business credit card that is only used for the shop from his wallet, then passing it to me.

I nod my head once again as I take the card from him. See, everything between us was pretty normal. There was no animosity the two of us. And if there was neither one of us would let it be known.

===================

After doing as Cameron told me I decided to skip my break and head back to the shop. As I walked in the shop with my hands full with bags, I notice Cameron sitting on the couch with a little boy. Cameron gets up , and walks over to me taking the bags from me. “I got it.” He says, then heads to the back with the bags.

“Hi, I’m Colby. “ The little boy announced waving towards me.

I smile and return the gesture. “Hi Colby. My name is Rayonne.”