Chapter 2

I sat on the stool outside the house milking the cow. "Your doing good there Anabelle" I say to the cow I am currently milking. As I hum my favourite country song, a pair of dusty 'ol cowboy boots approach the stool. I look up from my work to see a young guy about my age standing there admiring me. "May I help ya there" I say to him sternly

"Uh yeah, I'ma looking for Danielle and Jack Ryder, I'm the new employee"

"First off your not really an employee, you were hired to help with chores around the farm. And they are over in the chicken coop"

"Thanks miss?"

"Jordan"

"Thank ya Miss Jordan!"

"Don't call me that" I say annoyed as he walks away. After alut 5 minutes of him leaving my mom and dad approach my stool.

"Jordan honey?"

"Yeah?"

"This is Blake Caringway"

"Really I thought his name was Mr. Arrogant" I said quietly to myself but I guess my mom heard me.

"Jordan!"

"Sorry mom"

"Anyways Blake will be helping you out around the farm. Why don't you go show him around?"

"I'd rather not" I say turning back to Annabelle.

"Jordan show him around!"

"Fine" I said walking away.

"Are you comin?!" I shouted at Blake

"I guess" He replied. What a jerk.

"Over here is the chicken coop, over there is the horse barn, over here is the pig pen, and you can walk around here. Just don't touch anything"

I walk away after I say this. I run back to the fram to find that the bucket of milk is filled to the rim. My parents must have finished it.

I walked up to the house, and opened the squeaky door. As I walked into the kitchen my parents and Blake sat at the table. What the heck Blake was just at the horse barn. Darn kid is like a ninja. I ran up the stairs to my bedroom. I opened the door, and slammed it shut behind me. Why did Amber have to quit. As much as I hate her, it's better then having to work with Blake.

I really need to stop dwelling on Blake and focus on myself. I'm going to bed, as I start to unmake my bed, a hard demandimg knock approaches my door. "What?" I say opening my door. Oh. My. God. It's Blake, I slam the door shut and run to the old wooden chest at the end of my bed, and pull out a blanket. I wrap it around myself to cover myself up a little better then I was. Seeing as I had super short shorts on and a small tank top, it wasn't really my idea of welcoming some kid my age into my house. Not that he was welcome in my opinion. "Well I wanted to say goodbye and see you tomorrow babe"

"Okay seriously if this is your idea of a first impression you are completely braindead, and stop calling me babe!" I tried to close the door but he kicked it open and walked inside my room. "Woah..." he says scanning my room "Nice...uh...decor"

"Shut up leave my room" I say pushing him out the door. Gosh what an idiot. I drop the blanket on the floor and get into bed after setting my alarm clock. I do not want to see Blake again but thanks to my parents I have no choice.

Authors note:

So what do you guys think. Vote comment and maybe even fan if you are liking this story.