Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen--
"How's it going at home?" Nick asks me through the camera.

"It's going." I sigh and continue to fold laundry in the living room.

"Well, that's good. I've landed in LA and I'll be doing a show tonight." He tells me excitedly.

"That's great honey."

"Yeah it is. I'm really tired though so I'm gonna try to get about a thirty minute nap before I have to rehearse. Love you." Nick responds, yawning.

"Love you too. Sleep tight." I with that, I hung up the phone and then sunk into the couch. My heart hurts at the thought of Nick not being home for a whole week. Granted, there's only two days until he comes home, but it was still a bit lonely. I turned on the tv and looked at the clock, seeing that I had to pick Eliza up from school in an hour. I turned it to E! News and saw Nick on it right away. Well, pictures of Nick anyway. The spokeswoman was talking and pictures of Nick and Olivia today in LA were up on the screen. He landed there about two hours ago, and he said he was taking a nap. Did he have time to run around with her? I grabbed my phone and clicked on his contact to call him right away.

"Hello?" He tried to make his voice sound tired.

"Taking a nap, huh?" I snapped at him through the phone.

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"I'm watching E! Right now and I'm looking at pictures of you and Olivia all over LA. Explain that to me."

"Okay. I was going to find Phil to tell him I'd be laying low until it was time for rehearsal. When I was looking for him, Olivia approached me," when he paused I heard a female voice in the background," and we hung out a bit. That's it, I swear." Nick sounds completely innocent, but I still don't believe him.

"Who are you with? You're with her, aren't you? Nick, for all I know you could be lying to me with everything you say! I don't know what to believe." I threw my hand up in the air and got up from the couch, pacing the living room in anger.

"Okay, yes I am. But I'm not lying to you Mar. I would never-"

"Really? You did when you told be you were going to keep to yourself before rehearsal. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I was an idiot to think you actually still loved me, and would be with me for good." I was getting fired up. He didn't say anything, but I heard Olivia's voice. She sounded happy and he was just silent.

"Say something or I'm going to hang up and leave this house Nicholas....I.....I mean it." I was starting to get choked up.

"Don't leave please....don't." I didn't hear Olivia anymore, so that's good I guess.

"Are you being completely serious Nick? Do you really not want me to leave or are you just saying it to cause more drama and go behind my back?" I hissed through the speaker. By now, I was walking to the door to go and pick up my daughter.

"I'm being one hundred percent honest Marni. I don't want to lose you again." This time, I was the one not saying anything. He sounded honest, but could I even trust him? I got the dogs in the car to come with, and started to drive, the phone on speaker.

"Trust is a big thing for me if any of this is going to work." I spoke sternly.

"I know, I know. But you can trust me. I have to go and rehearse, but I'll see you in a couple of days. Just please don't leave me." With that, he hung up the phone and I just looked to Elvis panting in the front seat. As I drive into town, I saw a billboard with Nick on it. He was on tour so it was the name of the tour and the picture of his album cover on it. I almost rear ended a Ram in front of me as I kept my gaze on the billboard. My breaks screeched to a stop at the light.