Her (On My Way)

Ugggh. I hate driving in LA. The traffic is just too draining and the day is barely rolling by. Time is so slow when you're stuck. That's randomly deep, Arden. I swear it takes the patience of a saint to navigate these roads. I begin humming tunes that are stuck in my head for a while. It's nice to have these ideas for songs. However, I am afraid they will never see the light of day. They are solely mine, these precious, little secret songs. Am I selfish or scared? Mostly scared, but a little bit selfish too. I guess being alone with my thoughts is helpful. Thanks, LA traffic.

Eeeeh, when are these cars moving?! I couldn't afford to miss this audition!  Okay, calm down. It's not going to help if you let this jam stress you out. You have an hour and exactly thirty seconds to get there. It's plenty of time. Or is it? OH. MY. GOD. I should get out of this as soon as possible. What the hell am I supposed to do now?! How I wish I can just fly out of here. 

(Phone rings.)

Shit, shit, shit. I am doomed. Ok, I have to get this call. Wow, look at you, you little rebel you. Breaking the law now, are we? But I have to get this call. This might be important. Shit, why are my palms so sweaty? Note to self, put your phone where you can easily reach it Arden. You are putting yourself and others in danger by groping in your bag here. Ok, got it, got it.

"Hello?" I gasped.

"Hey Arden. You haven't forgotten the audition right? I mean, I did my best to put in good words but you might have competition. This is LA after all." David. Of course.

"David! Yeah, I'm on my way."

"Why did you sound so shocked?"

"Sorry, I am driving so I didn't really get to see who's calling. I just pushed the button." I grimaced at how idiotic that sounded.

"What?! I swear Arden, I don't know what to do with you sometimes. Ok, I'll go now. Please be careful and get that role! I mean, it's not that major but Youtube is a good platform. At least you'll get your name out there. See you soon." Click.

I smiled. Life is so much better with friends like David.