Her (A Parking Space Incident)

Finally! I thought I'd be stuck in traffic for the rest of my existence. I finally made it to the Wong Fu building. I can't even put into my words what I am feeling right now. It's like I downed a liter of coffee and the color of my blood is literally black (because of all that coffee, you know?) and my adrenaline is just on an all-time high. Am I on drugs, because it definitely feels like it right now. Gosh Arden, what are these thoughts? Try focusing your brain on something coherent for once. Take a deep breath, for Pete's sake.

Alright. Inhale. Exhale. Deep breaths, deep breaths, long, deep breath. Let's find a decent spot, shall we? There's got to be a decent parking spot here, right? Okay, relax. Someone's going to pull out from one of these spots and it will be yours. You have to think positively. You will get a parking space today that will not be MILES away from the building. After that, you will enter that building and do what you have to do. You will get that role today and it will open more doors for you. Well, these thoughts are uplifting. But not uplifting enough to mask the growing desperation that stems from the fact that you have been searching for a parking spot for a good, what, five minutes? AND YOU STILL CAN'T FIND ANYTHING! Ugh. I'd really like to slam my head on the steering wheel for dramatic effect just to blow off some frustration but I have to KEEP. MY. EYES. OPEN. Eyes on the prize, baby. Eyes on the prize.

Hold on, is that red sports car pulling out?! It is, isn't it? And such a sweet spot too! Just a few feet away from the building. Yes, yes, yes! Well, claim it girl! This is it! This is the universe telling me that things are going to be alright! 

"Don't worry about a thing... Coz every little thing is gonna be alright! Oh, don't worr-" Oh, God. I have some competition, don't I? A sleek, black car is also waiting for a chance to take that space. I just have to pull a Fast and Furious on this cramped parking lot then. I know, I know! This is not what I would do normally, thanks for reminding me conscience. But really, these are desperate times! I am so sorry in advance owner, of the sleek, black car!

Let's give it your all, Arden! Turn that wheel and accelerate! 

"I AM SORRY!" I yelled as I eased into the parking space. Right. As if he or she can hear you from here. I am sure he or she won't be happy. 

But, on the other hand, you made it girl! Grab your bags, walk to the car and try to make things right.

I get out of the car clumsily. Ugh, these bags, seriously. 

Walk steadily, girl. You did not do anything wrong. You won the spot fair and square. Who am I kidding? It looks like the sleek, black car came there first. 

Deep breaths, deep breaths, long, deep breath.

I knocked on the tinted window.

"I am really sorry! I know I stole it from you but I'm running late for an audition and I still have a lot to prep! I'm really sorry!" Cue the pleading, cute face. God, I am the epitome of cringe. And stop moving your hands so much. Just... stop it, Arden. 

Silence. Uhm. He or she is really mad. You said what you have to say. You better start moving or someone else just might get that role and then let's see how much more sorry you will be. 

"So sorry again! I hope you'll get the next parking space!" Seriously, no response? No rolling down the window and berating me for being such a... bad example of being human?! Fine. I have to go.

I turn my back and half ran/half walked to the building.