Chapter 3

"Maxine!!"

"What's wrong Stella? What happened?"

"It's Maxine...I think she's in real danger...Sh-sh-she said he's going to kill her!!"

"What?? Who??"

"I DON'T KNOW! It cut off..!"

"Where did she go?!"

"She's with Chris.. I don't know where they've gone to, I need to ask mum. We need to go this instant!"

"Okay, I'll call the police, you call your mum and see if she knows where they've gone.."

"If he lays a finger on my sister he'll be sorry. I'm not letting anyone hurt her...ever!"

*4am that night*

Stella went home together with Kurt disappointed and heartbroken. Mum was crying her eyes out.

"We've been everywhere, there's no sign of her anywhere.."

"Have you tried calling Chris?"

"Yeah but it's switched off. Neither of them are answering I don't know what's going on and I just want to know if she's okay or not!"

"Don't worry, my love, the police took the case in their hands and are looking for her, hopefully they will find her. They managed to trace the call as well, they will have news on her soon. Stay with your mum while I will ask around the neighbourhood to see if anyone seen her tonight.."

"Thank you, Kurt.."

When Kurt left, mum went to hug Stella when she burst out crying on her shoulders.
"I should never have let her go. I've never liked that Chris, I always told her he wasn't a good guy and I knew he was a complete bad influence to her and her life but she never listened to me and now this happened...I shouldn't have trusted him in the first place! Can't believe I'm saying this but he disgusts me.. now he has taken her away from me.. could this get any wor-s-ee?!"

When she was about to finish the sentence, Kurt appeared at the door with the police and from his face, it didn't seem to be good news.

"Uhh..Stella.."

"Ms. Miller... I'm afraid I have bad news... We've found a body and we believe it to be your daughter, Maxine Miller.."