The beginning

Panting...Falling...Panting.There was no escape!
"Ma,I can't run anymore!"My heart was racing a race car around the shortest track ever created!
"Just a little further!"She spoke trying to reassure me.My mother always'd convinced me to not give up so easily,what was the point of battling to just surrender when the times get tough?

I turned my head at a 45 degree angle and noticed a split in the wall big enough for us to fit in,"Ma over here!"We slid through the gap as a large silhouette covered the alleyway,surrounding me and Ma in complete darkness and left us for dead,drowning in our own fear!
"Thought you could get away without paying rent now!Yet again Margret you're three weeks behind in rent!"A large booming voice woke me back up to reality.I looked over to my Ma.She was on the floor,begging in her hands and knees.So this is what giving up looks like!
"Please,just give us a few more weeks then we'll have your money!"My ma's voice trembled in fear,the one thing that fears itself in this world.A large,tight palm grabbed my fragile wrist,"You're too late!How old are you young girl?"
"I...I"I couldn't speak,my Ma made me weak,the rock I leant on crumbled to the ground sending me falling down a deep hole!
"Hurry up!"And with this he tightened his grasp on me!Trying not to wince in pain,I answered,"I am 13 and a half years old,sir may I ask why?"I tried to not stutter to show my Ma how to be strong again!An ear-to-ear grin appeared on that donkey's behind of a face,"Perfect!"He purred,"She's mine until you can pay me back!"A small gasp escaped my mouth!My Ma was bawling her eyes out that much,it looked like she was in de Nile!My face froze still with a shocked until ma spoke,"Don't get angry,control yourself and don't share your secrets!"
A/N
I hope you like this book,I know that this chapter is short but as it says it is only the beginning.I am going to focus more of my time on this book rather than on 1000 words.
Word count-390
-Ellie❤️❤️❤️