Chapter 7

Author's Note:

Hello readers.

This is the last chapter of this short story.

Enjoy.

CHAPTER 7

They left soon after. Suzie was already asleep, so Martha had to take a cab again. But by the time they reached home, Suzie was awake and active as a baby bunny.

Martha checked her watch. It was 7:30. Steve would be home in another 30 minutes.

She told Sara to make dinner, while she decided to give Suzie and herself a shower.

They both stepped under the shower. Suzie had discovered that the shower and rain were somewhat similar, and was really excited to experience rain.

They played in the shower for a while, and got cleaned up.

By the time they were redressed after the shower, Steve was home. Suzie ran into her father's arms. He picked her up and walked to the bedroom, as she told him all she learned and did that day in school.

After Steve had his shower, it was dinner time.

After dinner, Martha picked up Suzie in her arms and took her to her bedroom. She laid Suzie on her bed, tucked up the covers till her chin and caressing her cheek, "Wait here baby. I'll be right back."

She went to her own bedroom. Steve was already sitting in bed with the newspaper and a pen, probably solving the crosswords. She opened the bottom drawer and took out the album.

"What are you going to do with that?" Steve asked.

"Suzie wants to see photos of earth." She said, giving Steve a half smile.

Steve said worriedly "Is everything okay?"

Martha sighed. "She wants to know about earth. There is so much to say that I don't even know what to say."

Steve got up from bed and went up to Martha. He took her in his arms and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"Just let the words flow on their own." He said to her.

She nodded and giving him a smile she left the room.

She entered Suzie's room and found her staring at the door. She noticed the album.

"Mommy is that the album from afternoon?" she asked in her sweet voice.

"Yes my dear." Martha said sitting by Suzie's side. "I promised to tell you more stories of earth, didn't I?"

Suzie nodded. A smile was stuck on her face.

"So here we go." Martha said, opening the album.

Suzie got up in the sitting position to look closely.

Martha showed Suzie one photo of her, in which she was 7 years old. In it she was wearing a little blue dress with a hat and was struggling to hold a live fish in her hand.

"What are you doing with a fish in your hand?" Suzie asked.

"I am fishing." Martha replied.

"What is fishing?"

"Fishing is catching fish from ponds or rivers." Martha said, turning the pages. The next photo was of her in a grumpy face and wet cloths.

Suzie looked up at Martha.