Chapter 5: Safe Haven Part II

"Wow, there's a lot of Walkers today, ain't there?" Dean said.

"Walkers?" Said the new member.

"Well, you know, all the zombies. That's what we call them." Dean explained.

"Oh, I see." The new member said, still with a confused look on his face.

"So," Dean asked, "what's your name?"

"Oh, yes, that's right. I never introduced myself. My name is Adam. Adam Snow." He said.

"Hm... Interesting name. Well, I'm Dean. Nice to meet you."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"We always love newcomers." The man behind us said.

"I think I'll pass." Dad said.

"Yeah, uh... Me too." I said.

"Hm... What a pity." The man said.

After a long pause of silence, the man asked,

"Hey boy, what happened to our hand, there. The left one.

Not speaking, I pointed towards the dead bodies, one with my half eaten finger hanging out of its mouth.

"Ah," The man told his other people, "those are who we were looking for."

He now directed his attention towards me and explained,

"Those are from our... Um... I guess you could call it our prison part of our town. They were a little insane."

"A little! They are cannibals for God sake! Of course they're insane!" Dad shouted.

"Hey, calm down! Keep yelling like that and you'll attraction way more Walkers than you'll want to see." The man explained.

My Dad commanded me to get in the car with him so we could go back to camp.

As we got in the car, the man used his AK-47 rifle and shot all four tires. He then said,

"You know what. I changed my mind. You are coming with us."

They held us at gunpoint.

We both walked out of the car and followed them down the trail they were going.

"You made a mistake." My Dad said.

"Excuse me?" The lead man said.

"I said, you made a mistake." Dad repeated.

After he said that, he looked at me and nodded his head. That's when I realized. My machete was still sheathed.

I took it out and gave the one on my right a clean stab in the heart. My Dad took out his 10mm Pistol and shot, but he misfired.

Just before the lead man was readying his rifle, my Dad shot again and got him in the throat.

The other man, scared of losing his life, dropped his weapon and asked us for peace.

"Sorry, but in this world that we live in now," my Dad explained, "there is no peace."

BAM!

One clean shot to the head.

"Riley, we need to leave. Now." Dad said.

We both walked to the car, gather all our stuff in bags, and started our journey back to camp.

----------------------------------------------------------------

End of Vol. 1

----------------------------------------------------------------

Note

Thank you all for reading this. It really means a lot to me. Again, I always love feedback, good or bad. Don't be scared to share your opinion on this.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Volume 2 out now.

No Peace: A Walking Dead Story Vol. 2

----------------------------------------------------------------