Chapter 1: Life Before Death

Life was good.

It was great, actually.

The family I had was the most loving, caring family in the world. My Mom had the most loving personality and was quite humorous. My dad had been gone a lot since he was out driving trucks for a major company called Green INC. I never really knew him that well because he didn't come home often.

I had a sister as well. We got along all the time and never disagreed on anything.

Then, a week before the we heard about the outbreak, our Mom gave us the news.

We were expecting a new baby brother.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of friends becuase I could never hang out with the mainstream freaks.

I had one friend, and his name was Bradley. We got along quite well actually. Joked around quite a lot. Played pranks on each other as well. They never got out of hand and were actually quite funny.

It all went downhill from there.

News reports of people eating their own families and friends. The disease spread like wildfire. LA, Detroit, Boston, Orlando.

It couldn't be stopped.

They started dropping bombs on the major cities to stop the spread of whatever was causing these people to eat each other.

That only made it worse.

Soon, it was now a global emergency. Robberies, murders, fires, everything when down. But it wouldn't matter.

Then something even horrible happened.

Earthquake.

Everything went black.

If only I had known what I would wake up to.