The Dragonfly

-Adrien POV-

"NO! She c-can't..." He started crying harder than ever before. As Chat sobbed, he dropped to the ground and closed his eyes. "Why am I crying? Dragonfly could have been a random weirdo from the street... I- I haven't cried this much since Mom left. The day was exactly like this; cloudy with small curtains of sunlight. She didn't have to do what she did..." Adrien thought. The young man didn't know if he was talking about Dragonfly or his mother. "...She could have been Marinette though..."

-Marinette POV-

As her back touched the cement, Dragonfly opened her eyes to see everything frozen in time and gasped. She was one second from breaking her spine, from perishing from existence, but she didn't. As everything around her slowly started moving, her wings disconnected from her forearm and tossed her into the air. "GO AND STEAL HIS RING." screamed Hawk Moth in her head. Marinette made a glowing ball of fire appear before her eyes. At the flick of her wrist, the flames went whirling towards her teammate. "DON'T KILL HIM!!! TAKE HIS MIRACULOUS." he continued. "Why would you care? I'm just ending his misery..." she said expressionless. There was an explosion right where Chat Noir would have been. Black tears ran down her rosy cheeks. "What have I become?" Dragonfly thought to her emotionless self. She was wishing she had died when she threw herself from the building, she was nothing without him. She loved him. As the young lady descended to her death, a warm body threw themselves at her and hugged her tight. They both fell to the ground and looked at each others eyes. "Found you."

-Adrien POV-

As he lifted his head up after mourning, Chat Noir saw a fire ball heading straight for him. He dodged it just as the flames ate up the tear stained roof and exploded just a few centimeters in front of him. Adrien rapidly de-transformed and tossed himself at the body of the girl he thought had been dead. The boy embraced the cold body of the falling Dragonfly. She had been crying. He smirked and said the only words he could manage to slip from his mouth. "Found you."

To be continued...