Chapter 6: Life and Limb

"Dean... Dean... Why did you leave us... DEAN!"

"H-Haley?"

"Dean... DEAN!"

"Ah!"

Dean shot up straight up of bed. Looking around, Dean was trying to make sure he wasn't in that nightmare anymore.

Adam ran into Dean's tent and asked,

"Hey, you alright? I heard a scream and it sounded like you were in trouble."

"Yeah," Dean said, "just a bad dream or something. I'll be alright."

With that, Adam nodded his head and went back to his tent.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As me and my Dad were walking in pitch black, I asked him,

"Why didn't you spare his life?"

"Riley, if I didn't kill him, he would have told that town what we did. Would you have liked to have been hunted down by those freaks?"

"Well... No." I said.

Silence had fallen for a while until we heard some rustling in the bushes

"Who's there?" Dad shouted.

"GAH!!!" The Walker gurgled.

"Damn Walkers at it again." Dad said.

He went up to it, took out a knife, and gave it a clean stab through the head.

"What the hell is your problem?" I yelled.

"What the hell is MY problem! What's wrong with you!" He also yelled.

"You've been acting differently since we got to the freaks campground! It feels like you're not my Dad anymore!"

"How would you know what I'm like? I was never around!"

"So you do admit you were never around!"

"Yes Riley, I was never arou-"

"GAH!!!"

SINK!

A walker had appeared from the forest behind us and bit my Dad on the arm.

"Ah!!! God, why!" My Dad screamed.

"DAD!" I yelled.

I grabbed my machete and with excessive force, I gave the Walker an aggressive stab through the head.

"Damn it, it hurts!" Dad screamed.

"Dad! No, no, no, no, NO!!!"

With the blood gushing out of his arm, I sat in front of him and asked,

"Are you going to make to camp?"

"Riley... Just go..."

"No! I'm not leaving you here."

"Riley... I was going to die anyway... I've already been bit before... On the leg..."

I sat in shock. I could tell he was getting weaker and was about to pass.

"Dad... I love you..."

"I... Love you... Too..."

"I'm sorry Dad."

"I'm... Sorry..."

He had passed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 Hour Later

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! It's Riley! Look!" Dean shouted to Adam.

I walked up to camp with my Dad's belongings and mine in multiple bags.

"Say, where's your Dad?" Adam said while running towards me.

I stopped in my tracks. I dropped my Dad's body and my things. I pulled out my Dad's 10mm Pistol, loaded it with one bullet, cocked the gun, and pointed it towards my own head.

"RILEY! STOP!" Yelled Adam.

BAM!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Volume 2 has started! And its a day early! Hope you enjoy! Thank you so very much for reading this! Again, feedback is greatly appreciated! Also, please tell me if these chapters are too short. I am starting to feel like I'm not giving you guys very much for the storyline.