Chapter 8:

"That will have to do for now." She said, trying to find the biggest knife in the drawer.

Then she thought to herself, No, he couldn't have... He is probably a Walker now...

She walked out of the kitchen with her bag and went outside.

As she walked out, she saw a pipe on the ground covered in blood.

"What... Is he still alive? Hmm... Maybe I underestimated my little brother."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Adam, you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. What about you?" He also asked.

"Could be better." I answered.

We both sat on that same log what watched the smoke lift into the air.

"Didn't really like that camp anyway." Adam said.

We both chuckled for a second.

Then I asked,

"So... Where did Dean go?"

"He's a coward." Adam explained. "He ran from the camp as soon as he saw the flames. Didn't bother too tell any of us. Bastard. Thankfully, I heard the engine of his car roar to life. I'm a light sleeper. I saw him drive away from where the flames were at. He took all his stuff and then some. God, I hate cowards like him."

"Same here." I agreed.

"Well... I guess we should start moving again." Said Adam.

"Okay" I said.

"If you move you die!" Someone from the woods yelled.

"You hear that?" I asked.

"Yep." He said.

"Drop your weapons! Now! All your things! On the ground, now!" The person yelled.

We did as the person said.

"Now... Um... Turn around." The person yelled. "Don't move, or else... Um... You'll... Um... Ah, hell. What am I doing? Grr, I'm such an idiot!"

"Are you alright? Adam asked.

"No... I'm just... Just take your stuff and go." The person explained.

We grabbed our stuff and started to walk away slowly. Soon, we were out of that person's sight.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"Hell if I know." Adam answered.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my god, she thought to herself, what happened here?

She was staring at a field of trees that had been burned by what looked like a forest fire.

This had to have happened no later than a day ago. There is still smoke.

She walked towards a Walker, burned by the fire, but still alive.

Dad? She thought.

She placed the knife into the Walkers head and pushed down.

Sorry, Dad.