CHAPTER 1

THE MORNING

The suns rays managed to get through some parts of my faded, purple curtains, to the other side of my room, onto my bed and straight into my eyes. No no no, i say to myself, not another clear blue sky, i am a lover of cloudy and rainy weather. I prance off of my bed and bound to the window, place my hands on the curtains, "Please, please, please be a cloudy day!" I yank open the curtains and sigh in disappointment when i scrutinize the sky, not one bloody cloud!

I change out of my pajamas and into high waisted, white jeans, black tank top, denim jacket and put my adidas superstars on (aka sneakers), of coarse all of this i bought myself with the money i make by working as a waitress at echoes (trendy cafe), unfortunately Derek Salvatore's words got to my parents and utterly turned them into lifeless and soulless humans who can't even buy me an outfit. luckily i got a scholarship at the school I'm in, otherwise i don't know how i'd survive with paying school fees.

I grab my school bag run down stairs and into the kitchen, everything looked untouched and spotless...i get an apple from the bowl filled with seasonal fruit and as I'm about to leave for school, out of the corner of my eye i catch a note on the wooden coffee table surrounded by light grey, snug couches. I rush to the table and read the note which says ,                     "Gone out with Mike,                                                                                                                                   Lisa."                                                                                                                                               She can't even say,"Love mom xx" or, "Gone out with dad!". Ever since my parents were verbally brain washed by Derek they wouldn't allow Alex and i to call them mom and dad, i never understood that, its as if the ruler didn't just turn them into different beings but also into emotionless parents. when my brother died they didn't even shed one tear, instead all they did was talk crap about him...And just like that a tear makes its way down my cheek and drops onto the note, leaving a minuscular puddle. I push that heinous memory away...

I look up at the clock thats hanged above the fire place, shit its 7:45! I sprint into the garage, take hold of my bike and cycle as fast as i can to school.