Chapter 6 (Sybree, Zach, Alex, Annie, Logan, BethAnne, Austin POV)

Zach's POV

"She's not taking visitors right now.", THe nurse said.

"I don't really care. I just want to see her.", I sighed annoyed.

"She's only seeing family currently .", She said.

"I....am family.", I lied through my teeth.

"What's your relation?"

"Cousin."

"Go ahead then. She's down the hall. First door to the left."

I quietly walked down the ahll to the door that was to Melina and BethAnne's shared hospital room. I walked in and the lights were off and voth of them were fast asleep. The only light was the TV reflecting on the bruised and beat up faces of the two lonely girls. I was always amazed of how much Melina looked like BethAnne almost identical. I smiled at how Melina was curled up in BethAnne's arms.

Melina was pretty beat up. She immediately had to get stitches with her arrivaial to the hospital since Jason had knocked her out hard with the basbeall bat. She had a few bumps and bruises probably from Jason pounding her and beating her up. BethAnne was so beat up. Her head had a big bump and surrounding bruises. He body was covered in them and her foot was all bandaged up because he had shot her in the foot.

That's how Jason died actually. When the police arrived he shot at them and they shot him and killed him. That's news I know BethAnne would never want to hear. Although Jason hurt her like that, she felt like she still had some kind of deep love for him. After all, BethAnne's parents both died in a car wreck just last year. I think she felt as if Jason was the only one left for her and she didn't want to loose him too. She shifted to face me and sat up with her eyes wide open. I shifted forward pulling her hands into mine.

"I thought you said you'd be safe.", I said starting to cry.

"I thought I would be."

Suddenly we both covered our arms around each other, crying about what had just happened and all the reasons we were in the hospital. I just remember how it all happened. I was walking to BethAnne's to lend her my social studies book because I had saw on twitter that she needed it. Just down the block I heard her screaming for help so I called 911. Then I called Austin in a pannick. Once the ambulance and the police showed up, I went in there quikcly grabbing BethAnne (who was loosing alot of blood, quickly.) and Autin grabbed Melina as we carried them to the ambulance for safety.

"Don't EVER do that to me again! ", I said.

She giggled and said, "I promise." and right after that she pulled me in and she kissed me.

She.Kissed.Me.

"Sorry.", She whispered.

Suddenly I pulled her in and kissed her passionatley again.

"Wow, Zach."

She scooted over a little bit so that we could snuggle as we watched her favorite episodes of Bing Band Theory over and over again. It was nice to finally have my arm around her and my hand in her. I was unfamiliar yet in love with her kisses.

"Zach."

"Yeah?"

"What happened to Jason."

"He's dead, Beth."

"NO."

"He tried to shoot the police and he died in a shoot off.

Her eyes welled up with tears as she her face to my chest. I kissed her forehead trying to comfort her.