Chapter 4 (Logan, Sybree, and Austin's POV)

Sybree's point of view

"Ugh! I HATE MYSELF! ", I screamed at the top ofvmy lungs looking at myself in the mirror. My nose was too small, my mouth was too big, my hair was an ugly color, just everything abiut me is wrong! I don't understand. Alex always says I shouldn't treat myseld like this but it's really hard because I just hate myself. I Really do.

It was Christmas ebe and I was trying to find some sort of beauty in myself for Austin's party but it seemed impossible. Nothing was working for me, as usual so I just trief to cover it up with make up. Dark eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. Still didn't cover up how hideous I was but oh well it still worked a little bit. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom was fixing dinner for my twin sister, Debbie.

"You look so gothic.", Debbie spat as I sat down at the table.

"Thanks Deb.", I said rolling my eyes.

"Dee! Don't be mean ! But Bree honey you could loose some of the make up."

"Yeah no mom I'm fine. Thanks anyways. ",I got up from the table and started to head out the door.

"Wait where are you going?", She asked.

"Austin's."

"What about dinner?"

"They have pizza." BYEE LOVEEE YOU GUYSS BYE!", I screamed real quick shutting the door behind me quickly so I wouldnt have to hear anymore of them talk.

At this time, Austin's house was , my escape.

I walked down to , my car and drove the quick 20 minutes over to Austin's. When I got there the party was sitting outside on the steps and everyone looked depressed. Logan was crying and Zach, BethAnne, and Annaliesse weren't there so something was going on.

"How could we not have known this was happening? We're her best friends and we couldn't even tell that she was getting abused.", Logan cried into Alex's shoulder.

"What? Who?", I asked quickly chiming in.

"You missed all the drama. Zach must have noticed something about how BethAnne was acting so he forced her to take her sweatshirt off which revealed the bruises and cuts Jason had marked her. We all knew he could be destructive just never towards her. But she's being abused by Jason and we all feel terrible we haven't done anything.", Robert explained.

"Where's Annaliesse?", I asked.

"She's sick so she's laying on the couch.", Austin replied.

I nodded my head and sat down to mourn with them.

"So where's Zach?", I asked.

"He kinda threatened to beat up Jason and it all went down hill from there.", Alex said.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

After about 15 minutes everyone went back in the house except for Alex and I. I sat awkwardly next to him in silence as our eyes wandered all over trying to avoid each other.

"You know you wear way too much make up.", He said breaking the silence.

"What?"

"You do."

I could feel the tears buliding up in my eyes. Not Alex too. Please not Alex.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?", I asked.

"I mean what I said. I also think-"

I could feel tears running down my face as I looked in Alex's dark eyes that intrigued me.