Prologue

Some friends thought Sophia was Rapunzel and Jack's daughter in An Enchanted Connection. Sophia is not their daughter, just a girl who resembles them and has their powers. So I came up with this idea for this book. Sophia is their daughter in this book and she's 16, So enjoy!

The Sun's Daughter and the Viking's Son - Prologue

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely happen. We each need to make peace with our own memories. Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things.  

Hope itself is a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords; but, like all other pleasures immoderately enjoyed, the excesses of hope must be expiated by pain. The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination. When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." 

Dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask. Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you. Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. Pay attention to your dreams - God's angels often speak directly to our hearts when we are asleep. 

Wonder sees magic in everything and everyone. Wonder see lights in the trees and the goodness in everyone. That's what makes Wonder the most special of all.

Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do - or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so. There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself. Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours." 

Curiosity is a willing, a proud, an eager confession of ignorance.  Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will........

Sophia says this and the next chapter is Chapter 1. Enjoy!