Chapter 10-- Morrigan

Talon was only half-listening to Jayden ranting on about what he thought was a demented fire woman. He had enough. “I’m surprised that she isn’t just a blue blob of jelly which had set fire to its own hair. I mean she sounds totally immature.” Talon laughed, seeing Jayden’s slightly hurt expression.

“You have no sense of humor Jay, but it’s true.” Ryder agreed. “Dumb ways to die is totally epic.”

Not that far away, Morrigan was pacing the dance floor, holding something that looked like a microphone in her hand, slightly distanced from her friends. Talon glanced at her, but she had pushed through the layers of the crowd, towards the exit.

She’s left, huh, he thought. The party had just begun.

“Gotta go,” he said, running his hands through his tousled hair, distracted.

“Go chase your girl,” Kaleb patted him on the back, and the others started to laugh maniacally, but he had already sauntered towards the exit.

Morrigan trudged out of the party, and Talon caught up to her, intercepting her swiftly. “Having fun?” he smirked. She looked up, lost in her thoughts for a brief second, before returning to her steely self. She frowned, observing Talon, running her observant eyes over him.

“Not bad, considering…” she trailed off. That morning in sword fighting class, Morrigan had accidentally sliced a gash into the arm of the lean and muscular Talon.

“You better now?” she asked, slightly worried.

“Drunk enough for some fun,” Talon winked. “And besides, you and I both know that us reincarnations can heal faster than regular mortals.”

Morrigan rolled her eyes. “You think I would fall for that? Look at this,” she gestured at a microphone. “Follow me for some real fun.” With that, she raced through a dark stairway, leaving a bewildered Talon staring back at her.

Talon glanced back at the party. The others were nowhere to be seen, and the crappy DJ, most likely drunk, was messing things up. “Screw those dicks,” he muttered, and chased after Morrigan.

“Finally,” Morrigan drawled. “Boys don’t usually hesitate to even stare at me.”

“Cocky,” Talon purred, and knelt down beside her, helping her pry off the floorboard, revealing the room underneath. Her dark hair fell over her sparkling eyes, and she looked very innocent, not like the badass, warrior Morrigan. Distractedly, Talon stretched out an arm to tuck her hair behind her ear. “No, Raze, stop.” Damn, this girl was a hard nut to crack.

She’s too cool for you, a small voice in the back of his head whispered, and he shrugged it away. She wasn’t an annoying nymph, or that demented fire woman.

“This,” her face brightened significantly, gesturing towards a microphone with an array of buttons on the side enigmatically, “Is a voice impersonator. I brought it here from home.”

Talon looked back at her, a grin starting to form at the sides of his face. This girl was awfully fun.

“What in Hades is everyone doing here? I mentioned personally, that everyone must be in his or her quarters after ten. You all know what happens when you disobey my orders.”

Everyone in the party froze.

“Zeus?” “What is he doing here?” Whispers spread around the room. The less sober partygoers were still dancing in frenzy.

Valkyrie looked slightly embarassed. She turned to Erika. “I thought he gave us permission.”

Destiny and Storm walked over, sighing in disappointment. “Just when we were having so much fun. The gods have totally let us down.” Storm wailed.