Chapter 12--Destiny

Chapter 12- Destiny

I was feeling kind of out of place tonight. The matching outfits Erika had made me and Storm wear were showing way too much skin. Storm and I had agreed on that. Sure, they were incredibly cute and absolutely flattering, but it was beginning to make me uncomfortable.

I looked around the room, the others nowhere to be seen. I'd seen Erika earlier with Kaleb and Valkyrie with Jayden, and Storm had just left the dance floor with Ryder.

'Morrigan's probably upstairs." I thought as I began to head for the door. Putting on my cardigan, I turned on my phone, scrolling through my messages.

'Nothing from Morrigan, weird.' I refreshed the page.

"Hey!" I felt a pat on my shoulder and turned around, standing face to face with…

Oh gods what’s his name. I’m pretty sure I knew it just a minute ago… I was pretty sure he was one of the guys who were eavesdropping on us earlier. I recognized his eyes.

"Oh hey…" I trailed off.

"The name's Ethan. " He flashed a thousand-watt smile.

"Right, of course. I knew that." I babbled, embarrassed.

******

Ethan

Her naturally blond hair cascaded down her shoulders, her brown eyes-

"Ethan?" She caught me checking her out. My heart pounded against my chest furiously. She hadn't even remembered my name. What should I do? I felt completely out of my game.

'Pathetic.' A barely audible voice inside my head reprimanded. I felt my cheeks getting warmer. Oh no, not now, please!

"So…" She started, breaking the awkward silence. I got myself together and said the first thing on my mind.

"I've been meaning to talk to you for a while." Seriously? I mentally face-palmed, I sounded like my mom. Kaleb would never had said that, he would have said something smarter and swept her off her feet. I saw her eyes widen.

"Oh really?" Her cheeks turned an adorable shade of pink. Phew, so it wasn't just me who was nervous.

"Yeah. Can I get you a drink?" I offered.

"Sure." She shrugged. I ordered something quickly.

"Thanks. What's so important that you had to tell me face to face?"

"Destiny." A smart thing to say finally popped into my mind.

"Yeah?" She breathed, casting her eyes downwards.