Chapter 4

It was Sunday morning, around eleven o'clock and I was just putting on the finishing touches to my cute outfit for brunch and shopping with the girls. My hair was loosely braided to the side, and I wore a nice pair of light wash jeans with a nice blouse that hung over my pants. Looking in the mirror I was satisfied with my appearance.

    Technically I was supposed to be grounded from Friday's events but before I'd gotten home the night before, Hunter had convinced my parents it was all his fault and I shouldn't be punished. My parents weren't very strict when it came to groundings.

     Noticing the time I rushed out the door bidding my dad a goodbye. I was supposed to meet the girls at a local cafe called the Egg and I. I'd told them yesterday about how Hunter had swung by with an opposition and they wanted to hear all about it. I pulled up and found my way to the table with Lola, Sadie, and Venn. Sadie and Venn were my other two friends from school. I wasn't as close with them compared to Lola but we still considered each other best friends.

     I met Sadie last year in our foods class. We ended up being in a group together with Hunter and since I avoided him I ended up talking to Sadie. I found out she was actually a real cool person behind the bookish nerd she came off to be. Right away, Lola and I invited her over for a sleepover and gave her a glow up. Her long blonde hair was treated and given volume, we taught her how to apply makeup, and then took her on a shopping spree. She still thanks us to this day when she looks back at old pictures of her.

Venn was our fashionista. She loved to design and sew. Her outfits were always one of a kind and I always looked at her for advice. She was very straightforward and didn't let anyone get in her way. She was the type of friend to push you to do your best and not leave you alone until it's perfect. She was very creative, and it showed through with her colorful hair. Sometimes it would be fiery red, but at the moment it was purple towards her roots and a striking silver throughout the rest. She was beautiful and very talkative. We got all the schools gossip through her.

"Finally," Lola gave me a playful glare and I simply smiled at her before sitting down at our booth. Across from me was Venn and Lola. Both with a cup of coffee in hand.

"You look nice. I approve," Venn winked taking a sip of her drink.

"How was your guys days yesterday," I started. I got a hit on the shoulder from Sadie.

"Cut the small talk, we want to hear about your date and Hunter," they all leaned forward interested in my stories. I told them about how Levi took me to dinner and a movie paying for it all. They cooed in admiration. I told them about how when we got home Hunter was at my house interrupting our almost kiss and the girls went bat shit crazy.

"What an ass!"

"I will strangle him!"

"What is his issue?"

"Ladies, ladies, calm down I'm getting there," I shushed them. They quieted before leaning back in to hear what Hunter had proposed, "Hunter came by with a deal, I get ten free passes of slave work for an easy job. All I have to do is pretend to his girlfriend when he has college appointments," I finished. Everyone was silent, eyes wide open, and mouths slightly ajar, "Hello?"

"He so wants you," Venna announced, breaking the silence. My face scrunched in disgust.

"No way, he is having a problem with some girl that won't leave him alone, and he is also trying to get into this club and he needs to be seen as a respectable young man," I explained. Lola laughed out loud.

"A respectable young man?" Her face had tears streaming down from laughter. I smiled, it was an unrealistic idea that Hunter could pass as that. The conversation about Hunter bounced back and forth for the rest of the brunch before we left to head to the mall. All I knew was that I had to get some sophisticated outfits for his little plan. As we walked into Pacsun I got a text from the devil himself.