Blazing Nights

I stare at Shay's number in my phone. We went to get sandwiches and had a good conversation. One thing led to another and I got his number. He's an interesting man. 

"I might call you later" he winks giving me a brief hug. 

"thanks. It has been fun." we both walk our separate ways. I look down at the wine red tie. The fabric warm between my fingers. It smells like fresh oranges on a mid summer morning. I quickly pick up my board and ride back home. 

There's some writing on the tie I haven't noticed earlier. At first it looks like a stain, but under a light it has swirly cursive. "Party at 8 pm. Cherry Field Lane 82. See you there. <3" 

I stare at writing one last time before turning off the lamp. Was this the same party on the poster I saw? I don't know maybe. 

I've haven't been to anything other then birthday parties. Am I going to pass out? What if they break a law? That would be crazy talk. Maybe I'll go. Kass is going to be there, but what if I don't know anyone else? 

Well I always did need to make some more friends. I haven't really talked to anyone as much as I've talked to Damien. This could be really fun. My very first party. 

The red clock lets out a loud beep signaling a new hour. It's 12 and I should eat lunch. I swipe through recipe choices on my fridge interface. I guess a simple chicken and mushroom Alfredo sounds good. A nice mango smoothie would go well with it. Just the thought of them makes my mouth water. The ingredients appear in my fridge. Never have to worry about seeing it empty. Everyone at this time should know how to cook. 

My meal comes with a little instruction sheet, but I don't need that. I quickly make my pasta and smoothie. The fragrant aromas fill my nostrils. A perfect scent of Rosemary and butter fills my nose. The silver fork awaits me at the dinner table. The fork twirls my pasta for me. This is one of the reasons I wake up in the morning. 

The rest of the day is spent listening to my records. I have things like Prince, Queen, Panic! at the Disco, and whatever else was popular back then. People listened to some funky music. I mean there's some good bands now like Ice Freeze and Toxic Unicorns, but that old music was weird. I enjoy listening to it though. 

Another few beeps later it's 7. I better get dressed then. I walk steadily to my room. A pair of black skinny jeans and a white ruffled blouse would look good. Maybe add a hoodie and a pair of tennis shoes. 

I ride my board to the address with a few minutes to spare. 

'Hey, I didn't know if you would come" a voice calls over to me. 

"hi Kass. I decided I needed to get out more" 

"good for you. Sorry if this is a little weird. I know you don't know anyone here and they're practically a lot older, but it'll be fun. Trust me" 

"okay." Kass takes my hand and leads me into the house. 

"who else is here?" I ask looking around. There are waiters zooming past party goers on air boots with drinks or food on their trays. I always wanted air boots, they're like hover boards in boot form. There's so many people here. A chandelier overlooks the artwork hanging on the creme colored walls. 

"Practically everyone's here. This is the biggest party of the year" I nod. 

"yeah, I always hear about this party. I've never been to it" 

"I'm sure some of your friends wanted you to come" 

"a lot of them did, but I'm just not too big in the party scene. Most of my friends are bonded now. Not many bonded enjoy the party scene"