The nightingale's cry: Chapter 1

AUTHORS NOTE: This is my very first story that I am sharing in Wattpad. I hope you like it and please leave a vote, comment or even share it. But if you hated it then leave an insult {if you want} in the comments.

Edited by: ShionShirosaki

Chapter 1: James Connery 

Okay, here's the deal. I'm James Connery a former scout for the Ursa division. I have jet black hair, a fair complexion with amber eyes and I'm not as stocky as most of the guys but my thin and flexible body makes me the best scout there is. Now I'm gonna be with the nightingales, the best of the best. Finally the board decided to realize my talent and skill!

Hangar doors opened as I walked through a narrow corridor and as I reached the end of the corridor, I saw a Falcon-12 in the hangar. I couldn't believe it! I actually get to ride on one to the nightingales barracks. "Woah! Hold it right there young man. Only nightingales can ride this Falcon here." said an old man with a raspy voice and a hundred year old face that can scare away even a nightclaw. "But I am a nightingale! See?!" I pointed out my new gear which was exclusive only to nightingales. "Hmm.. I see. But there's one problem. It seems like you haven't undergone the initiation yet."

..Wait, what?

Nobody told me about any 'initiation.'

"What initiation old man? Tell me!" The old man then hit me with a kinetic rod then pinched my ear. "I might be old but I can still kick a deathseer's ass!  Listen here young lad because I'm only gonna say this once. We will drop you off on the nightingale's Barracks in Valerae {vuh-le-reyh}" The old man said with an evil grin.

That wasn't a good sign.

Great just great! I didn't get to ride the Falcon-12 on the way to Valerae. Instead, I get to ride an old rusty P-21.

    And you know what is worse than that? It doesn't even have any of the proper safety gear, not even the basic ones like seatbelts or even seats. "Damn it! Of all the planes in the galaxy why a P-21?"

As I walked towards the old man I heard a voice saying "It's time to fly!" then I was suddenly off the P-21, just falling to my doom. Luckily I remembered that the nightingale coat has a special feature in it that allows the user to land safely on the ground. The only risk is that I need to use it when I'm already 6 feet above the ground.

"I guess I'll have to risk it for the biscuit! " I said with a huge grin as I counted down. 

"1" 

"2" 

"3" 

"GO!" 

I deployed the feather falling feature just in time. I couldn't believe I didn't actually end up as a human pancake! "Okay! All I have to do now is find the nightinga...." As I stood on Valerea's grassy floor, I couldn't believe my eyes for right in front of me was the nightingale's barracks.

The barracks seems like it's a part of one of the big wooden arcanain{Ark-ayn-yan} tree. The tree's purplish-blue color branches seems like a veil, protecting the nightingale barracks, hiding its presence from anyone or anything. As I approached the sephriunite{sef-ri-oo-night} door I was greeted with, well not confetti, but with freaking concussion grenades.

I guess this is my unluckiest day ever.

Next chapter will come out next week or earlier, If i don't get any mental blocks

Remember to 

Vote 

Comment 

And 

Share